IGNORED

Don't ride behind a Harley...

GolfVenture

As a Harley rider (I have an '03 Sportster), anyone who rides a Hog with straight pipes is just a poser, and a stupid one at that.

I've had some rather heated discussions about the pros and cons of straight pipes, and in 99.9% of the time, my antagonists refuse to admitt that straight pipes are good for only one type of riding, and that's drag racing. Period, end of lesson....

As a Harley rider (I have an '03 Sportster), anyone who rides a Hog with straight pipes is just a poser, and a stupid one at that.

I've had some rather heated discussions about the pros and cons of straight pipes, and in 99.9% of the time, my antagonists refuse to admitt that straight pipes are good for only one type of riding, and that's drag racing. Period, end of lesson....

There aren't any pros.

They are annoying in the extreme, cause the bike to run lean, and get us all a bad name with those who don't ride, and don't want to hear you half a mile away.

In fact, they are almost as annoying as Jetskis.

well my rstd the one time i did hear it run was loud and i think it has factory pipes i like it loud. loud enough to hear but not loud enough to make me annoyed at my own bike when i do get it running and fine tuned i will run it to see.:fingers-crossed-emo if its too loud i will change the pipes to a quietier set. i like loud pipes on racing bikes,trucks, and cars not infront of me on a long day ride

RICHIE!!!! are you saying a second gen is slow...er ?? BAD BaD BAD .... go to the corner!!

:rotf:

I think I sat in the corner long enough. Can I come out and play now? :(

My 2gen is pretty quick after it gets in second gear. On the back roads my favorite 2 gears are second and third and use forth just for cruising. Yamaha should have made the motor at least a 1500 or 1600 V4 and give it some more torque and keep the top rpm around 7000, then you would have something.

Richie R

I put a set of fishtails on my RSTD once. I ran them for a couple of months. They were aftermarket HD pipes from V-Twin Mfg. They were a touch long for my RSTD but looked ok. I gotta tell you, it doesnt get any worse than a set of fishtails on the V-4. It sounds like a small block chevy, which does sound nice. But the sharp crack from the fishtails makes it unbearable. I gave them to a friend on a HD Streetglide for free just to take them off my hands. Them S.O.B's were the loudest Ive heard on any bike, but sound pretty good on his glide.

My neighbor was sitting on his deck one night listening to me drive away. He said he could hear me going through the gears plain as day at 3 to 4 miles away. He just laughed and said it was like I was still in his yard. Good thing I was out in the country.

I think I sat in the corner long enough. Can I come out and play now? :(

Appears you already have!

My 2gen is pretty quick after it gets in second gear. On the back roads my favorite 2 gears are second and third and use forth just for cruising. Yamaha should have made the motor at least a 1500 or 1600 V4 and give it some more torque and keep the top rpm around 7000, then you would have something.

Richie R

I agree with the bigger engine buy ya, the RSV does have some snap to it... there's no bout adoubt it.

Guest tx2sturgis
Not common sense just another shameless plug for Apple :stickpoke::stirthepot::rotf:

Shhh....this thread will get me in trouble if you keep that up.

:whistling:

ya just HAD to slip that one in there didntcha! :stickpoke: :Laugh:

One thing is for sure and that is everyone has a problem following a Wing ..... coz ya can't keep up with us!! :rasberry: :stirthepot:

I've read alot on this forum that Gl1800s are impossible to keep up with....Not true. My neighbor, a Fort Worth motor cop, has a 2010 model and my FJR1300 ate is 1800 for lunch both in a 1/4 mile and in the twisties. So much for that nonsense.

I've read alot on this forum that Gl1800s are impossible to keep up with....Not true. My neighbor, a Fort Worth motor cop, has a 2010 model and my FJR1300 ate is 1800 for lunch both in a 1/4 mile and in the twisties. So much for that nonsense.

That was the '2nd Gen' (fjr) I was referring to in my posts above... :rotf:

That was the '2nd Gen' (fjr) I was referring to in my posts above... :rotf:

yep... when ya can't come up with anything substantial ... change the rules! ya'll would make good politicians! :rasberry: :stickpoke: :witch_brew:

yep... when ya can't come up with anything substantial ... change the rules! ya'll would make good politicians! :rasberry: :stickpoke: :witch_brew:

We don't need no stinkin' rules! :cool:

Now lets get back on subject.. you know... loud 'paint shakers'

Just yesterday I was siting visiting with my brother when a couple of Harleys with loud pipes went by. They drove pretty mellow while in the limits of the village, but when they got on the highway we could still hear them over 5 miles away. That's way too loud. I like my quiet factory exhaust.

Just yesterday I was siting visiting with my brother when a couple of Harleys with loud pipes went by. They drove pretty mellow while in the limits of the village, but when they got on the highway we could still hear them over 5 miles away. That's way too loud. I like my quiet factory exhaust.

I agree. My brain shaking, loud camaro at the race track is all the loud I need. When I'm

cruisin on the bike, I like it mello, with a little throttle therapy at my finger tips added.