IGNORED

Ottawa Fatality Today - RSV

Guest divey

CBC Ottawa is showing pictures of a red RSV involved in a collision with a van today in Ottawa. Male driver killed and female passenger critical according to reports. Any Ontario members aware if it might be someone from the forum? Thoughts to all involved....Doug

"A 54-year-old man who died while driving in Ottawa’s east end Saturday afternoon was an "aggressive" motorcyclist but also loved going to church twice a week,..."

Sorry folks - you ride aggressively, you'll die that way.

There is no room for aggression on the roads, especially on two wheels.

Defensive yes - aggressive no!

A lot of good going to church did for him except allow him to meet his maker early.:backinmyday:

I didn't read that it said he was driving aggressive at the time of the accident, it did state that he had health issues with his heart, and was revived on the scene by a paramedic, he could have suffered a heart attack causing the accident, I think your statements were a little harsh concerning the accident. Our prayers go out to his family and friends.

"A 54-year-old man who died while driving in Ottawa’s east end Saturday afternoon was an "aggressive" motorcyclist but also loved going to church twice a week,..."

Sorry folks - you ride aggressively, you'll die that way.

There is no room for aggression on the roads, especially on two wheels.

Defensive yes - aggressive no!

A lot of good going to church did for him except allow him to meet his maker early.:backinmyday:

I always ride with complete attention to traffic, not as much for wildlife (I figure you cannot react quick enuff for them, proved that to myself....), that's why it happened to me. We're sorry for the mans passing and his wife hurt, but that's why we make such a big deal about riding safely on here to keep reminding folks......

If anything or an opinion a person posts is going to be criticized by others, people will stop making posts here. Spear has every right to voice his opinion here without someone pouncing on him for being harsh. Deaths occur every where all the time, and we cant expect people from the other end of the world to feel sad or sorry about it. I wouldn't care less about some one dying in a sky diving incident some where in Australia...though, i can PRETEND, to care...

i too thought it a bit odd about some one throwing in the bit about 'being a church goer' in the incident...what has that got to do with the accident? is a church goer such a rarity these days, that when we find one, we have to beat the drums about it?:confused24:

We have Moderators here, and if there is anything not appropriate here, i am sure they can take care of it....like this post here...:o:bang head:

What makes this a great place is we can give and take and not get all bent out of shape, and you are right, everybody has the right to voice their opinion, and thats what I did, maybe I should not have used the word "Harsh", if any offense was taken by Spear, I apologize, that was not my intent. I just didn't think his statements were appropriate due to the nature of the post.

I also agree with you about the church goer statement, that doesn't make one a better rider just because they go to church, but it does show some of his character. I would like to see the accident report to find out what actually did cause the accident, a heart attack while riding or failure to ride safely.

If anything or an opinion a person posts is going to be criticized by others, people will stop making posts here. Spear has every right to voice his opinion here without someone pouncing on him for being harsh. Deaths occur every where all the time, and we cant expect people from the other end of the world to feel sad or sorry about it. I wouldn't care less about some one dying in a sky diving incident some where in Australia...though, i can PRETEND, to care...

i too thought it a bit odd about some one throwing in the bit about 'being a church goer' in the incident...what has that got to do with the accident? is a church goer such a rarity these days, that when we find one, we have to beat the drums about it?:confused24:

We have Moderators here, and if there is anything not appropriate here, i am sure they can take care of it....like this post here...:o:bang head:

Sorry to hear of this. I did read the article and thought it was kinda odd for the people whom knew him personally to acknowledge that he was an aggressive rider. Well, big deal, I feel for him and his family.

I am not going to judge a dead mans riding style because he is involved in a serious accident. I to may be involved in a n accident my first time out this year. I do know we have to always be on the look for someone or some thing being in our path, and sometimes there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. I am glad he was attending church somewhere, maybe not somewhere I would go or attend, but at least he was trying. I hope he was ready to go home.

Shame on the folks that mentioned that in the news article. Had nothing to do with actual accident. It just gave people a bad opinion right up front, not good.

Thanks Divey for posting. I to was worried that it might be someone from the site here. Hope not......

Fuzzy

I would never rely on the news for much information. Before I retired as a LEO, we would leave a blotter for the media simple and clear. They could'nt even get that right and it was handed to them. I look at cases like the Travon Martin shooting and see the media completely distorted facts and left some out ( No judgement here ). The way they report on any gun violence like calling a muzzle loader an assault rifle or a car crash with a mini van being called a SUV.

Irregardless of who the man was or how he rode I feel for him and his family.It is a reminder to us to hug our partner, family and friends. The bucket list begins now, do not put off enjoying life because we never know when this great ride ends.

38 years ago I was riding as passenger on my buddy's Kawi Z-900.

He was riding like a maniac, Speeding big time, riding on the white line between cars, on the shoulder, zigging and zagging thru traffic etc.

But then he settled down and had been riding responsibly for about 10 minutes when the accident happened that put us down and killed him. Not his fault at all.

It's how you are riding AT THE MOMENT that has any bearing.

Guest tx2sturgis
I would never rely on the news for much information. Before I retired as a LEO, we would leave a blotter for the media simple and clear. They could'nt even get that right and it was handed to them. I look at cases like the Travon Martin shooting and see the media completely distorted facts and left some out ( No judgement here ). The way they report on any gun violence like calling a muzzle loader an assault rifle or a car crash with a mini van being called a SUV.

I am sure sorry to hear of this accident, of course, but I also have issues with the way the media reports the 'facts'.

My biggest 'pet peeve' in how the media reports accidents usually involves pickup-trucks:

"Truck Driver kills eight children after failing to yield, alcohol a factor" or something similar. When you drill down into the story, you find its an illegal immigrant who was carrying migrant farm workers sitting in the back of the pickup to a field and going 75 mph down a dirt road and plows into a minivan full of children.

This is a real world example in the area where I live.

Sad, yes, but he was NOT a truck-driver.

Puts a black eye on those of us who take our CDL career seriously.

Rant-mode off. :cool17:

Irregardless of who the man was or how he rode I feel for him and his family.It is a reminder to us to hug our partner, family and friends. The bucket list begins now, do not put off enjoying life because we never know when this great ride ends.

Thank you sir for this post. I work for the State Hwy Department and I see these accidents sometimes first hand also. I agree, the media is really pushing hogwash to get the eye on them.

I thank God for my family and friends, my fellow riding friends and forum friends here. You mean a lot to me. :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

Fuzzy