IGNORED

Charger on a budget?

FROG MAN

What would you buy? It seems my old battery charger went belly up over the winter. I need something dual purpose for motorcycle battery's and automotive.I had an old Napa charger it done 10 amp and 2 amp charges with a 55 amp start boost but it's dead now.

Sears has a DieHard 2/10/50 on sale for $40, normally $65. I bought one a couple of years ago. It works fine.

Letting my Yuasa maintainer go with my Vulcan 500 I'm selling. So was looking for something new. Found the NOCO Genius maintainer/chargers. They are pretty small but with their 3500 model I can use to maintain my RSV as well as my dual batteried GMC Duramax. The Duramax is a 2005 with 125,000 and I still have the original batteries.

I really liked the '68 Charger, but a '69 or '70 would be OK. But with the price they go for now, I guess that one is not in my budget. I had a '68 Barracuda convertible around 1980 to '83. Only car I ever owned that I sold for more than I paid. Oh-h-h-h wait, that's not the kind of charger you posted about is it? Sorry.

:doh:

Octoberboy: You know your doomed now rite? A year or so ago I was braging on my 96 cummins about how I got 2 new batteries when I bought it and they were I forget how old then. A couple days later er-er-er vroom. Got batteries checked and one had 175 CCA the other under 300.oops

I have a Black&decker. Will charge all types, has a float cycle, a reconditioning cycle, a boost cycle,2 thru 40 amp charge, does everything but go out and hook itself up. Wasn't too costly when they were on sale at Flatwoods.

Edited by Yammer Dan

got mine from Harbor Freight. under 30.00.

Looks like a decent unit, especially for motorcycles whose starting demands are fairly modest.

Remember, those who use AGM and Gel batteries, that you need one with the correct charging cycle.

It's a simple circuit that prevents the charge voltage rising above 14V.