IGNORED

Possible horn placement

TampaKH

Pulling the tank tomorrow to replace the air filter and possibly attach new horns.

I've chucked the plastic clamshells they came in but they are I believe Wolo Blasters(?) Hi and Lo note.

[ATTACH]66345[/ATTACH]

I don't like the area the old one came from. To "hey notice the blk plastic chunk" for me.

[ATTACH]66346[/ATTACH]

While I've got the tank off I'm going to check out behind the plastic cover.

[ATTACH]66347[/ATTACH]

Can anyone give me a heads up what is under there and if there would be space for two of these horns? I'm thinking of hitting Radio Shack and getting some black metal outdoor speaker mesh and cutting rectangular holes so I can aim them outward. One on each side.

Something along the lines of this....(I will accept compliments on my ninja MS Paint skills, but don't feel like you HAVE to.:rotf: )

[ATTACH]66348[/ATTACH]

One of our members, Carbon One makes a real nice SS bracket to mount the Stebel air horn, which I believe is the same as the Wolo, in the stock location. It really doesnt look bad there. I think he offers a wiring kit as well. I have one on my 99 and it works and looks good.

no....i dunno. but you did say you would be posting a lot......:whistling:

LoL!!

"No....i dunno."

Indecisiveness is an affable characteristic.

And yes, I I gave you fair warning of my posting frequency.

Hell, I might start making gratuitous comments, just to give you competition!:stickpoke:

It appears the horn you have a pic of is a standard type wolo. Maybe louder but the stebel and the Wolo Bad Boy are the ones Carbon one makes the brackets for. I mounted my stebel up front lower left where the factory horn is. There are 2 of them, one on the right by passenger foot and the other is front lower left by your shifter under the plastic cover. The stebel is like 138 db dont know about the bad boy but its suposed to be close like 135db.

It appears the horn you have a pic of is a standard type wolo. Maybe louder but the stebel and the Wolo Bad Boy are the ones Carbon one makes the brackets for. I mounted my stebel up front lower left where the factory horn is. There are 2 of them, one on the right by passenger foot and the other is front lower left by your shifter under the plastic cover. The stebel is like 138 db dont know about the bad boy but its suposed to be close like 135db.

DJ thanks for pointing out the differences between the horns. You are right too. My bracket is made to work with the Stebel and Wolo air horns. They might work with other types but I have no idea if they will or not. :confused24:

Larry

Chances are he could maybe drill a hole or elongate one if need be. I think they sort of make the stebel so you can use alot of stock brackets. I just decided to hide mine up front without putting it under the fairing, partially becase I dont have the chrome one. But dang I like that blaster !!!! No more buzzer horn for me. :cool10:

Damn, not enough room behind the panels...

Oh well, I'm on the look out for other places to hide them.

Maybe I'll look into the one that fits on your mounting plate.

Thanks for the help.

Keith

Currently I have mounted a pair of the Stebel electric Magnim horns like those under the left lower in place of the stock horn and the other under the fairing next to the radio box. Prior to moving the one horn to the left lower I had both horns under the fairing, Here's a pic of where I had them when both were on top. Yep they're still almost as loud as the Stebel air horn outside the right side of the bike.

Larry

Edited by Carbon_One

So do you run a realy to run the realy? Last time I went to auto parts store to get one they had 3 different types at 3 prices and no difference I could see. All were 30 amp 3 pole I think. One I know you were paying for the name (Hella) but the other 2???? and they were $2 difference except the H one it was like $10-12

On one of my relay set-ups I do run a relay to run a relay

And trust me THERE IS A DIFFERENCE in what type relay

you buy.. there is relays with 87/87 and one's with 87/87A

and ones with no middle 87 post. so it depends on what

you want to do I guess. There are relays from $2.95 to $32.00

that do the same thing. :confused24: