IGNORED

Why do short leg guys feel they need a ..

Eddie

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tx2sturgis
Dump that Winders POS and get a MAC!

oooops... sorry, wrong thread :doh: :rotfl:

:crackup::happy34:

Oh theres ALWAYS space in any thread to winders bash...or harley bash, or iphone bash...whatever...

Eddie, I guess if I could afford to have a 2012 Harley Davidson Road Glide Untra, like you do, I might be a little more picky about what I ride, but I still doubt I would be riding a 2012 Harly Davidson Road Glide Ultra.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of us that can not even think about going out and buying a new Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra. Like I said earlier, we make the best with what we got.

RandyA

Eddie, I guess if I could afford to have a 2012 Harley Davidson Road Glide Untra, like you do, I might be a little more picky about what I ride, but I still doubt I would be riding a 2012 Harly Davidson Road Glide Ultra.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of us that can not even think about going out and buying a new Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra. Like I said earlier, we make the best with what we got.

RandyA

Whats that got to do with being to short and dropping your bike on the ground .

I never knew how sensitive short guys are to this subject. It was just an observation. I didnt get personal to you did.
You damn bully! First you buy a Harley now your picking on the little people, Shame on you!

You better buy some shin guards before you show up at the next meet & eat.:stirthepot::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

"so my question is why if you are height challenged do you feel you need a touring bike that is to big ?"

If someone put a question like that directly to me, i would not hesitate to tell him what to do with himself. ( above is the statement you made.) :no-no-no:

:beer:

Thats what I wrote alright and that was the ? . So make up your mind was it the fact that I seen I guy almost get hurt because his bike was to big for him to handle or because someone made a crack on owning a 2012 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra . That I can afford because I work hard for a living.

You damn bully! First you buy a Harley now your picking on the little people, Shame on you!

You better buy some shin guards before you show up at the next meet & eat.:stirthepot::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Redneck you know me . Just trying to stir the pot around here . Talking about tires, oil and batteries gets old for me. I love the Harley jokes. I think I made up half of them.

Guest scarylarry

I would not want a rider that I didn't know pulling up beside me for this one reason, I do not know them..

If he can't reach the ground flat footed then it his bike and responsibility, it becomes my issue when they fall over on my bike..

A person must know their limitations before buying..

hey i got an idea i guess I could where pplatform boots............Ive never seen a way to lower a first gen and the seat has been reworked before I got the Bike bt previous owner to lower ride hiegth an inch.

David

Why dont you get some of them platform boots with the clear soles filled with water and goldfish. You'd be the coolest biker since the '70's............:shock3:

So you must be the guy I helped today. Your welcome. Harley's are impressive all by themselves so who is on it doesn't matter much. :)

Sorry a 1984 Venture isn't getting you much attention.

Sorry, I rode with a friend of mine a few months ago that rides a HD Road KING police type bike every where we stopped the Venture got all of the attention and no one commented on his bike at all. He noticed it and it pissed him off.

Sorry, I rode with a friend of mine a few months ago that rides a HD Road KING police type bike every where we stopped the Venture got all of the attention and no one commented on his bike at all. He noticed it and it pissed him off.

Your right I bet. 1st gens are like a Model A ,when you see one in good shape there nice to look at.:rotf:

Check this one out, Eddie....very relevant to our discussion here. So its not only about short people riding big bikes.:Laugh:

Your right that guy must have at least a 27 inch inseam. He should be playing basketball. Move over Labron

Just about any bike can be lowered.

I have a 29" inseam and loved riding my RM 250 although it did provide challanges kick starting it...

With a heavier bike though, when they start going over, it may not be possible to control it. So, it would be prudent to lower it and make the bike fit the individual. In my case, I raised the forks 1 inch in the triple clamps. Man, what a difference that made!

Nice to see that this thread didn't make it all the way south. Glad to see you guys can get yourselves out of trouble. Interesting discussion, a little bit of undoing and then an effort on healing,,, real family! I'll reserve my comments for now.

I kind of wanted to stay away from this thread cause it looked like an argument waiting to happen, Just to throw my 2 cents in as a new old VR rider- my Vulcan 900 custom's seat is so low I can put both feet flat and my knees are bent. The VR seems so tall and heavy compared to it. I've had sloppy stops at stoplights where I'm flopping over a little to get my foot down. I've also ridden it at 1mph perfectly. The floorboards make it a little harder to reach the ground. I'm 6'2" and I can't imagine being 5'8" and handling it. If you are and you do I am impressed that you don't dump it. You have to be strong. I admit I'm a bit out of shape, and the first week I had the VR I was sore in the hips, back, everywhere from muscling that thing around the garage, and riding it. I think it will help get me into shape, which makes me like it even more.

You dont get the point, Eddie....i dont care if his inseam is 20". He could flatfeet that bike and still fell over. Now you not saying he shouldnt be riding a bike, are you?

I am sure that man works hard too, if you noticed. He had a Harley... :confused24:

Dont put away that Gavel...or Gabel... you know, the one that looks like a hammer,yet, CARL!

Its not over till the fat lady sings....oops....i apologise to the width challenged..:o

:7_6_3[1]:

You dont get the point at all not even a little. Come on over for a coffee and I will explain it in more detail for you , and to answer you "no" I dont think that guy should be riding a two wheel motorcycle.

Hey Eddie....dont you have to get to the Post Office or something like that?????:whistling::rasberry::rasberry:

I know Ruffy, Im sorry. It will be going first thing in the a.m. I was swamped every morning this week. I will buy you the ice creme now.

You have to admit the debate is fun.