IGNORED

Taking Mom for a Ride??

Hazenson

This dosnt look to safe to me, but thats not stopping them. Dont know if this has been posted before but first time I saw it and had to share

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Hazenson/2011/420577_3401428592219_1164948955_4484021_1843981844_n.jpg

you know.... what the hell..... it reminds me of years ago when my dad was in hospital and not expected to make it home again..... he said to one of my brothers... get me out of this room for a bit.... so brother scooped him up into a wheel chair complete with IV pole and off they went out side to watch the bunnies run around the feilds behind the hospital..... staff got all pissy with brother and he turned ands said..... what is it going to do.... kill him..... Dad died 2 days later a very happy man after having some outside time and getting to hold his 24th grand child... my 2nd son.

you know.... what the hell..... it reminds me of years ago when my dad was in hospital and not expected to make it home again..... he said to one of my brothers... get me out of this room for a bit.... so brother scooped him up into a wheel chair complete with IV pole and off they went out side to watch the bunnies run around the feilds behind the hospital..... staff got all pissy with brother and he turned ands said..... what is it going to do.... kill him..... Dad died 2 days later a very happy man after having some outside time and getting to hold his 24th grand child... my 2nd son.

I hear ya. I had a similiar situation and have the deer head on my wall to boot. My grandpa was dying of cancer and he knew he wouldnt make it till hunting season . I went to see him and he was crying when I asked whats wrong. HE said all I want to do is go hunting one more time. So my uncle and myself loaded his rifle and put grandpa on the 4 wheeler and off we went. In the middle of June. Long story short grandpa got a cowhorn spike that day and when the game warden and sherrif( they were waiting at the truvk when we came back) heard the story they said have a nice day. the game warden even checked it in for grandpa so we could get it mounted. It hangs on my wall everyday as a conctant reminder to live life your way with no regrets. I dont regret breaking the law that day..................

David

i took my dear granny (87 yrs old at the time) her first boat ride, right after the family reunion dinner once. the rest of the family came and helped get her life jacket on and get her seated. we started down the lake and got up on plain at about 40 mph and was cruising there.

i said memaw is that fast enough ? she replied ...... GAS IT , so away we went and she loved it and i believe that was the most laughter and enjoyment i heard and saw from her in my life. she passed 6 yrs ago and still the family all talk about that and the pictures.

i took her a short ride on a 175 honda street bike when she was 60 yrs old. she loved that to.

the picture does not look real to me. but would i do that. ABSOLUTELY IN A NEW YORK MINUTE. of course i would make sure she was secured and had a helmet on.

i have a dear old friend who wants me to take him coon hunting when he turns 100 yrs old. i told him to count on it. i would however have to get some family member with the coon dogs to take us, for i quit coon hunting and sold my dogs, but i will make sure it is done, if i live long enough. he is around 73 now and i am 48.

fuzzy

Edited by FuzzyRSTD

My mother was in a nursing home with dementia for almost 3 years...She was always very active and was game for anything before she became ill....One day when I was visiting (I visited every day), she saw me pull up on the motorcycle....That was it , she wanted to go on a ride...WELL, I took her outside and before the nursing staff could catch us, we took off to the cheers of the other residents...We had a great ride...Oh Yea....We caught h&ll when we came back , but it was worth it.........She was 85 at the time......the other residents talked about that for weeks..she was now a rebel against the authority who told her what she can and can't do..For weeks when I came to visit the other residents kept asking me to take them out for a ride....I WAS WATCHED VERY CLOSELY FOR QUITE A LONG TIME AFTER THAT LITTLE INCIDENT.....:whistling: :whistling:

Couple of years ago my dad was grumbling to my mom that there was no gravey for the potatoes ( He loves gravey on his potatoes). Any way mom starts at him about colestorol and how it isn't good for him. I told her " The man is 85 years old if he wants gravey make him gravey" Like someone said what is it doing to do kill him. That was a couple of years ago and dad has gone down hill guite a bit but he is eating his gravey