IGNORED

Do you believe in Love at first sight ?

Hummingbird

I went to Fin, Fur and feather yesterday to get a couple new rods and reels to replace our older rods we use for crappie fishing. I guess I should have looked at the prices - 3 reels, 2 rods and tax = :mo money: $298.00 OUCH !

I had a little cash left so I went upstairs to look at the Kimbers knowing they wouldn't have anything that would fit like my Glock. :think:

First I looked at and held the Solo, I know it's not fair but it reminded me of the KelTec I have. Then I asked what other options were available in 9MM. The clerk brought out an Ultra CDP 11, that's when it happened - I was totally smitten :smile5: I started breathing heavy, broke out in a light sweat and when I could talk again I asked if he had one in a box. No was his response and he just stood there -

After a short (very short) awkward moment, I told him to put it in a box before somebody else saw it. :mo money: :mo money: :mo money:

In line at the cash register a guy looked at me and said - your first Kimber ? I replied yes and he his offered congratulations saying "you'll like it "

Bottom line - Don't go to a well stocked sporting goods store without your wife ! :thumbsup:

I've bought reloading supplies from FF&F at Camp Perry where they set up on Commercial Row during the National Matches. They have usually had good prices and selection. I rode by their store as I left Freebird's 2010 maintenance day and was very tempted to stop and deposit all my money.

So bring that Kimber to MD to show off.

The fishing gear doesn't look all that expensive now, does it?

I went to Fin, Fur and feather yesterday to get a couple new rods and reels to replace our older rods we use for crappie fishing. I guess I should have looked at the prices - 3 reels, 2 rods and tax = :mo money: $298.00 OUCH !

I had a little cash left so I went upstairs to look at the Kimbers knowing they wouldn't have anything that would fit like my Glock. :think:

First I looked at and held the Solo, I know it's not fair but it reminded me of the KelTec I have. Then I asked what other options were available in 9MM. The clerk brought out an Ultra CDP 11, that's when it happened - I was totally smitten :smile5: I started breathing heavy, broke out in a light sweat and when I could talk again I asked if he had one in a box. No was his response and he just stood there -

After a short (very short) awkward moment, I told him to put it in a box before somebody else saw it. :mo money: :mo money: :mo money:

In line at the cash register a guy looked at me and said - your first Kimber ? I replied yes and he his offered congratulations saying "you'll like it "

Bottom line - Don't go to a well stocked sporting goods store without your wife ! :thumbsup:

The fishing gear doesn't look all that expensive now, does it?

It wouldn't have been bad if I hadn't been to Kames on Friday and left there with $150 worth of fishing 'stuff'

I guess the real rub is that we seldom eat fish and more rarely do we keep what we catch. Fishing is almost as expensive as :puzzled:

I believe, I believe!

I have some guns that just called to me, and there was no way I could leave the store without rescuing it.

Kind of like Yammer and a 1st gen sitting out in a yard with a for sale sing on it.........:stickpoke: Talk about being in heat..........:stickpoke:

I once just had to buy a special gun for one specific deer. Got that deer with that special gun where no other could do the job, but have not NEEDed that gun since. It is still nice to know that the tool is there if ever needed.

Still looking to have that special moment and bond for a new CC gun.......

Speaking of which, there was a news report on the radio this morning of a guy who fell asleep with a gun in his pocket and shot himself in the leg. Talk about a rude awakening.

Speaking of which, there was a news report on the radio this morning of a guy who fell asleep with a gun in his pocket and shot himself in the leg. Talk about a rude awakening.

The problem with scratching that itch while half asleep....:shock3:

On Line price of $1,237.00 (45 cal). Holy Cow.... At least it has free shipping.

WOW - now I realize that I did get a bargain - I only paid $1227.00 for mine, saved $10

I can't wait to tell Linda how much I saved by driving 2 1/2 hours in my truck that gets 17 mpg on the highway :mo money:

Sweet gun, so what kind of holster u gonna wear while crappie fishing? If you go to your back it will keep you well balanced while jigging, I personally like the 12' crappie rods. . . Great job

I prefer the otb

never used a 12 footer. The reason - the lake I fish has NO STRUCTURE at all. I know, hard to believe but it's a man made 550 acre lake with a median 13' depth.

http://lake-mohawk.org/lake-map most of my crappie fishing is from the bank as the lake hasn't reached summer pool yet. It's a lot of fun with a 5 1/2' light pole especially when a bass gets there first :thumbsup:

All the more reason to be using the 12' crappie pole.

The 12' pole will outcast any 5.5 foot rod and is even more of a blast when that big smally shows up, or even better yet a musky or northern and you are loaded with 2lb line.

Yeah but sometimes climbing through the bushes to get to your favorite spot on the bank is a pain with a 12' pole. But your right it's a fun battle.

Now where is the pic of this precious piece of metal art.:stirthepot:

All the more reason to be using the 12' crappie pole.

The 12' pole will outcast any 5.5 foot rod and is even more of a blast when that big smally shows up, or even better yet a musky or northern and you are loaded with 2lb line.

omg - I can't even imagine a northern at the end of a 12 footer and 2 or 4lb line. That's almost enough to bring on an anxiety attack.

But it is a riot.

After a 1.5 hour plus battle with an approx 30 inch musky in a river on the 12 footer with 2 lb line, and no one had a camera around the DNR warden that was there told me just after I released the fish that I probably just threw a line weight record back in the river.

But it happened to be near 100° day and I just tossed my wallet to my buddy and jumped in the river and chased that fish a good half mile up and down the river, my tiny reel only had 100 yards of line. There was a lot of cheering when I finally landed it. I had a 1/64oz jig with a quarter of a night crawler. it was just the snack that fish wanted at that moment. I have caught more muskies with a night crawler than any other bait.

That was by far the biggest fish I have landed with that setup.

I had bragging rites in camp for quite a while after that one.

But it is a riot.

After a 1.5 hour plus battle with an approx 30 inch musky in a river on the 12 footer with 2 lb line, and no one had a camera around the DNR warden that was there told me just after I released the fish that I probably just threw a line weight record back in the river.

But it happened to be near 100° day and I just tossed my wallet to my buddy and jumped in the river and chased that fish a good half mile up and down the river, my tiny reel only had 100 yards of line. There was a lot of cheering when I finally landed it. I had a 1/64oz jig with a quarter of a night crawler. it was just the snack that fish wanted at that moment. I have caught more muskies with a night crawler than any other bait.

That was by far the biggest fish I have landed with that setup.

I had bragging rites in camp for quite a while after that one.

As far as I'm concerned, you have bragging rights for life !! I would have paid to see that !

:thumbsup: :clap2: :thumbsup: :clap2: :thumbsup:

As far as I'm concerned, you have bragging rights for life !! I would have paid to see that !

:thumbsup: :clap2: :thumbsup: :clap2: :thumbsup:

I would have paid to see it to.

I was told it was funniest thing ever when I jumped in the Wisconsin river to go chase a fish on. At the time I didn't even know what I had on, just that it could pull drag at will.