IGNORED

Flying down to Louisiana

gunkylump

Heading down to New Iberia, Louisiana on March 28th, job interview and flying back home on the 29th. Hopefully Cargill likes what they see, make a decent offer.....and we'll look at relocating way doooooown south......we'll see how it works out, there is a lot of unanswered questions and variables right now. Anyone have any insights into the New Iberia area? Good area? Quality of life in that area?

gunk:shock3:

New Iberia is just a few miles south of Lafayette, La. I know there are a few upscale communities on the south side of Lafayette that are very nice, my sister in law used to live in one. Like others have said hope you like hot, humid, and bugs, because its got them all. On the other side of the coin if your a sportsman your in for a delightful time, fishing , hunting, fishing, crayfish, did I say fishing. I was born and raised in S. La.,lived there for 55 years, I miss the food and the friends but not the climate!!!

Brad if you and Lonna didnt live in Texas, I would have no reason to go there.......:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

If it wasn't almost 800 miles to Newnan we would see you more often too

:stickpoke: Hell we were 30 miles closer to you when we lived in Michigan :yikes:

Wish you luck on the Job. If you get it do your homework looking for a place to live. A few years ago the city disbanded the entire police force due to corruption and contracted out to the Sheriff's office. There are quite a few rough areas in the city

:080402gudl_prv:

That happened to Logansport, too.

To all that replied/commented on my original post, THANK YOU! I appreciate you doing so.

All of your comments are much appreciated. This is a big step for us.....and we aren't there yet so to speak, but will be heading down next week. I'm quite tired of the 600-700 hours of overtime each year in my present position. I am thankful that I have a job, but feel that life is passing me by rather quickly.

My best friend from high school was laid to rest today, only 56 years young. He has left behind 3 darling children, 8, 10 and 12 years old, and a loving wife. Pancreatic cancer is such a horrible disease. There were at least 300 friends and family at the service to see him off....I'll miss him terribly. 41 years of a close relationship with someone is very hard to give up.

Once again, thanks for your insights in to New Iberia, learning a new language...cajun....battling mosskweetooos the size of B-52's, humidity, corrupt cops and all.

And thanks for the best wishes too!:)

I'll keep y'all posted on how things end up.

gunk:shock3: