IGNORED

retired

Redneck

I'm reading all of these posts and taking a lot of notes, tips, and wisdom from you all.

I retired in 2005, my job called me back to train folks.

Then retired again in 2010, went to see the Grand Canyon, started our adoption of Simon, my job called me back again to train some more folks.

So now, our control room at work is finally fully staffed and I will be retiring again (for good?) this June 1st.

I don't believe Simon will let me come back to work.

Don't know exactly what I'll be doing other than continuing working in youth ministry, visiting my grandkids in New Mexico and Pennsylvania, and some of my backed up "honey do" projects.

One thing I definitely won't be doing is working nightshifts ever again.

35 years of those have made me too ugly!

Bought a boat today I will put it behind the fifth wheel in the next week or so and go find a lake. When it gets hot I will come home hook the enclosed scooter trailer load one of the scooters and head for the mountains. Thats my plan for the summer. This retirement deal is going to be rough.

I'm not very good at sitting around. I have quite a few projects planed but first I plan to wander aimlessly and enjoy the sights.

Have a feeling your won't be gone too long. What ever you end up doing have some fun.

Brad

Have a feeling your won't be gone too long. What ever you end up doing have some fun.

Brad

I get the feeling some of you don't believe I have the ability to be lazy and useless. I intend to do my best to prove you wrong.:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

I get the feeling some of you don't believe I have the ability to be lazy and useless. I intend to do my best to prove you wrong.:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

I didn't have any doubt!!! I'm sure you will fit right in!!:duck: Has she got that list out yet?? You know your projects come 2nd don't you?? And we all know 2nd means slower!!:stirthepot:

I didn't have any doubt!!! I'm sure you will fit right in!!:duck: Has she got that list out yet?? You know your projects come 2nd don't you?? And we all know 2nd means slower!!:stirthepot:
Thank you Dan I was beginning to think my reputation had been tarnished.

First Gens. worst nightmare and they don't even know it yet...

Redneck is retired now which means more time on the forum which means more time for him to pick on those First Gen. riders who will wish later he kept on working:doh: need I say more...:stickpoke:

Glad I ride a Wing :innocent: :rotfl:

First Gens. worst nightmare and they don't even know it yet...

Redneck is retired now which means more time on the forum which means more time for him to pick on those First Gen. riders who will wish later he kept on working:doh: need I say more...:stickpoke:

Glad I ride a Wing :innocent: :rotfl:

Ok tupperware man I will keep you in my sights as I coast through life.:stirthepot:

Ok tupperware man I will keep you in my sights as I coast through life.:stirthepot:

:clap2:Nice having you back to stir the :stirthepot:

I tried the coasting but ended up going back to the Tupperware instead I find it cruises better than coasting :stickpoke:

All kidding aside Glad your retiring so you can spend more time with the family see you soon :rasberry:

What to do.....#1 throw away the alarm clock. Get up when you want to, unless the boss you are married to has other ideas.

#2 Only take the phone calls you want to take.

#3 Do whatever interests you. You will find a lot of things that are interesting now that you have the time.

#4 The people of my parents generation allowed their work to define who they were. When they retired they quit existing and died. Realize your work does not define you and get busy with all those things you always wanted to do.

#5 At the end of your life be able to say "I am glad I did" rather than "I wish I had".

What to do.....#1 throw away the alarm clock. Get up when you want to, unless the boss you are married to has other ideas.

#2 Only take the phone calls you want to take.

#3 Do whatever interests you. You will find a lot of things that are interesting now that you have the time.

#4 The people of my parents generation allowed their work to define who they were. When they retired they quit existing and died. Realize your work does not define you and get busy with all those things you always wanted to do.

#5 At the end of your life be able to say "I am glad I did" rather than "I wish I had".

Sounds like good advice.

BTW has she made any progress on the cook book, in the last few years???? :duck:

I just might do a western states tour this year, should I bring a tow strap (in case I hit your area), so you can keep up? :stirthepot:

BTW has she made any progress on the cook book, in the last few years???? :duck:

I just might do a western states tour this year, should I bring a tow strap (in case I hit your area), so you can keep up? :stirthepot:

The cook book died with a computer crash. If you think you may need a tow you better bring the strap.:rasberry: