IGNORED

Be careful out there!!!

Venturous Randy

This coming week, we are going to be having some very nice riding weather over most of the country. These are the days so many of us have waited on for so long. The down side is I will be surprised if we do not have a rider death or injury before the week is over in this area. It seems to happen every year.

First of all, we are going to be out on the roads with people in cages that have not been around motorcycles in awhile. Many won't see us because they will not be expecting us. We will be invisible to many and we need to expect it. In daylight, I run my headlight on highbeam all the time. I see bikes with their headlight on lowbeam during daylight and the light would just as well be off. But remember, at night, a highbeam can be your enemy if you are blinding oncoming drivers.

Many of the back roads around here still have fine gravel on them that was put down due to ice. General road conditions still need to be watched.

There will be a lot of riders out there that will be on a "new to them" bike and sometimes it is hard not to see what it will do. Get used to your bike before you start pushing the limits.

Hopefully, if you had not already done so, one of your winter projects was to put some loud horns on your bike. I have absolutely no doubt that if I had not put air horns on my bike years ago, I probably would not be sitting here typing this. Put them on and do not hesitate in using them if you suspect someone is invading your space.

Being lucky is great, but being diligent may be what saves you.:080402gudl_prv:

RandyA

A good reminder Randy; however, I think I will "steal" it and re-post whenever we get some of that kind of weather around my part of the country.

For some reason the weather on the wet coast of Canada is just not being nice. Unlike our other provinces east of the rockies who are experiencing great riding weather, we here in BC are still stuck in WINTER.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Windstorm+topples+trees+knocks+power+south+coast/6288273/story.html

Aside from the above, much of the interior is still getting blasted with SNOW!

A good reminder Randy; however, I think I will "steal" it and re-post whenever we get some of that kind of weather around my part of the country.

For some reason the weather on the wet coast of Canada is just not being nice. Unlike our other provinces east of the rockies who are experiencing great riding weather, we here in BC are still stuck in WINTER.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Windstorm+topples+trees+knocks+power+south+coast/6288273/story.html

Aside from the above, much of the interior is still getting blasted with SNOW!

aaahhhh it was just a gentle spring breeze blew through Victoria yesterday, a meare 90 km/h (60 mph)by my place. I live in one of the nice spots in the center of Victoria that seldom loses its power, 20 years and only 3 outages.... 1 was storm damage, 1 was car vs power pole and 1 was the substation had a fire.....

Cool and sunny here today so I am sure I will find reason to ride, the one part of unemployment that is a bonus.

Be careful out there and ride safe

I've been riding at least once a week, for most of the winter. Hasn't been that cold here, but we've had lots of rain. Been enjoying it alot here lately, at it'll be 78 degrees on my way into work tonight.

Cages around here are used to seeing bikes all year round, but you still have to keep an eagle eye on them. Mostly texters.

Ride safe!:happy34:

I've been riding in every month of this year and I ride like everyone can't see the fat old man on the pretty bike in no hurry. Caution is a good habit to be in, I always look right left right ( closest hazards first ) and remember that you can only control two things when driving any vehicle, speed and direction. Usually you can steer around a hazard more safely than locking up your breaks before striking it.