IGNORED

RSTD 2005 with 107,000 miles???

I just have a thing about retail prices for anything in this economy no matter who owns it.

My riding buddies are pushing me on the road to Daytona tomorrow, or I'm going to be left behind. So this trip isn't going to happen for a bike that has me on the fence already. The price seemed fair to me, he's got wholesalers that will take the bike for that, and for half price of a $7500 bike....

I'm going to just grab something cheap right now and in town to enjoy the week without any surprises. A local mechanic is selling his bike and it truly needs nothing but a tank of gas. That will afford me the time to not be rushed into a bike I'll regret buying just to make Daytona bike week in.

Thanks for all the great advice guys, nice group of support here.

Are you selling your bike for $3500 in NC? No radio, no cruise?

My Answers:

Are you selling your bike for $3500.00 in NC? No, mine has everything that came with a RSTD. Mine does not have 107,000 miles on it.

No Radio? Correct, RSTDs did not come with a radio.

No Cruise? Incorrect, RSTDs did come with cruise and mine is in tact and works correctly.

I just was trying to help by offering a bike with 70+ thousand miles less than the one you were lookin at, clean, private seller so you know where the bike came from and with the windshield and passenger backrest that came with the bike. Plus two sets of pipes, luggage, custom white leather, lots of chrome extras. It was to give you something to compare against.

I wish you luck and in finding what you want in a hurry. :thumbsup2:

Maybe the dealer can get you in touch with the previous owner and you could ask him a few questions. I would want to know above all else when the last time the valves were adjusted, if ever. If you can't get the right answers or no answers, then walk away!!

A real good reason that I tossed mine out there....:thumbsup2:

The bike certainly looks clean enough with the extra bling. Being a dealer I would have expected them to at least prep it a bit and change the fluids?? Plus the 'no documentation' raises a red flag... With 107,000 on the odo they are going to have a very hard time selling it, and I don't think $1500 off is enough... Be very carefull....

I wouldn't worry about the engine/transmission at 107k. Items that may need updated - front springs, fork seals, brake lines, valve shims, test for neck bearings. And of course, the standard maintenance items.

If they are going to put a tire on, make sure it is a Dunlop E3, Avon Cobra, Michelin Commander (II?). Don't settle for a D404 (will last

My impression is this price is a little high. Since they have done nothing to it other than give it a bath, it should be priced as a private party seller vs a dealer. Good luck.

RR

Get the VIN number and you should be able to do a bike fax like a car fax to find out the previous owner.

The dealer should know also. Just call him and ask about the bike. I have done that on used bikes before. Most previous owners will be happy to give you info.

Reno