IGNORED

Home from surgery. Not too good.

1BigDog

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you watch TV without eating something?? I Can't!!

Neither can I.......(burp)

I finished my home PT today and passed with flying colors. Tomorrow I get fit for the leg brace. According to my PT that brace should go a long way in helping me do my workouts.

Monday I start outpatient PT. 6 more weeks...sigh

Tomorrow I start my outpatient therapy. The place was booked solid and Thursday was the first available date. Turns out the therapist is good friends with my home therapist. My home guy said he is really good so im at ease about that. He's not into the torture mode of therapy. He knows how to think outside the box, just like my home guy did. He accomplished his goals with a minimum of pain.

Now, I have another 5.5 weeks of therapy before I can return to full driving duties at work but one problem here....I ran out of all leave time, so no money is coming in on my end. I contacted my manager who says there is no light duty work available but I may inquire at a neighboring plant. I called them and was offered a temporary supervisory position until I can return to full driving duty. My Dr cleared me for non driving duties, office work only, which is all I needed so, shirt and tie time for the next few weeks. I go in Friday night at 2300 hours. :mo money:

Made it through the first night at work. Going in at 11 PM was real ruff. I was up from 2 pm all the way through to 9 AM when I finally hit the bed. I havent worked those hours in maybe 8 years. Whole body is out of whack right now. I have about 2 weeks of training then I go to 3 pm, which is close to my normal hours. I held up pretty good through about 7 hours into the night then I began to get exhausted from the exertion. I should be able to build up my stamina by the end of the week. Sheesh, and this is only office work. But, its something new to learn and I feel blessed that I had gotten this opportunity to NOT go without a paycheck for the next 6 weeks. Turns out that my timing was perfect to make this request. 1 day before or one day after and I would have been turned down. Office work is not my cup of tea, but someone has got to do the paperwork. I just never realized that there was so much to keep track of. And it doesnt interfere with my therapy sessions. But it is slowing down the reconstruction efforts on the bike........

Glad to hear your back to work, I know its tough going back after being out for so long. I am hoping the next time I am off for any length of time it will be retirement. Hang in there sounds like your doing fantastic now...:thumbsup:...Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Just wrapped up my 3rd night at work. I was supposed to tour the plant to get familiar with the different operations but its about 1 mile around the building. I tried to use an electric cart but the foot pedal position was worse than a crotch rocket so I took a pass on the tour for now. Its just amazing how much work goes into packages passing through the processing plant and keeping track of hundreds of trailer loads of mail a day is nerve-wracking to say the least. The programs in the computer system are a real PIA. You need a masters to get through it all. My trainer really knows her stuff but, having worked with her in the past on other things, I know she will get me on the right track. Most likely I will be doing this for a period of 6 weeks to maybe 3 months before I resume my regular duties. But im happy to say that my stamina is improving. I go back to therapy on Wed for another 5 weeks and I should be all done. Im also going to set up my appt for next Jan to get the left knee replaced......Did I say I love my new knee yet??????:smile5:

I just want to thank you all again for letting me air out my adventures with this stuff. Again, thanks for all who took the time to offer support, phone calls, prayers and emails that I have received.

First day of full outpatient rehab went real well. but im sore, but a good sore. but, oh crap......back to work tonight. Finished getting my assortment of parts all set up again in the garage. I had packed everything away just before the surgery. Cleaned the front and rear wheel and im prepping them to be polished. Wife wont let me get the chrome ones for 800 bucks....I wonder why.....I also found an assortment of chrome parts that I have apparently squirreled away over last winter and forgot about. Kinda like finding a bunch of boxes under the Christmas tree all over again. Cleaned up my new to me Saddlemens seat with leather treatment and re-bagged it for the duration. I should have a bunch of older parts left over after this. Hmmmmm, maybe that Vmax rear.......:smile5:

Start my afternoon shift at the new plant today. At least my sleep pattern is back to normal. Also got fitted for my new leg brace yesterday. Thats going to take some getting used to I guess. It puts pressure on one side of the knee to keep you upright. But they did say that it should be worn only 1 hr a day and increase it until you get used to it. Hopefully this will buy me some time till next Jan when I will get the left knee replaced as well. :smile5: