IGNORED

bad days comming

wild hair 39

blood press.hart beat,UP nerves,shot,wife,s hidding,dog,s under the house,frig door standing open,nothing to watch on tv,can,t conentrate,on,bikes,moved the bath room scales out for ease to see,grandkids,are being quite,afraid to go for a ride,road rage,this,damn computer can't spell,my pasents,are shot also'happy new year,:fingers-crossed-emo:bang head::beersign:

i quite smoking,36 hrs ago,cold turkey

Guest KitCarson

Hang in there Lowell!!!! Takes about three days of being totally sick and jumping three feet in the air everytime you hear a noise......nervous....you bet!!! Just think of a nice easy ride in the Virginia mountains, warm summer morning.......throw those coffin nails away and live to wear out another bike.

You can do it......hell I did......if I can anyone can........been three years now, still smell one and want it......sometimes do go buy a pack and have just one, then throw the pack away and fight it again for a week.....it is a curse from hell.......but you can do it.........Take Care Kit

Hang in there. The third day is usually the worst due to the way nicotine is purged from the body. Nicotine is water soluable. It is flushed in your urine. The reduction in nicotine makes you irritable. That speeds up your metabolism which makes you pee more which flushes more nicotine. The flushing peaks on the third day and drops off after that.

I quit a dozen times before I got over the hump and it finally stuck. That was 34 years ago. Now a days I can puff on a cigar on Smoke Out day without any problems. I can't inhale because it's a cigar - cough gag cough wheeze - so I ingest very little nicotine. Afterwards there's no desire to return to tobacco. In fact, cigarettes stink so badly that I can no longer remember how I managed to smoke the things.

If you want it badly enough you'll get there. That's the single most important point. YOU have to WANT it. Kinda likin' to quit to shut up the naggers simply isn't enough.

Good luck!

We ain't gonna have to quit eating are we??? Til the last couple years I was one of those that fat people hate. Eat everything in sight and never gain a ounce. Quit smoking, then got up one morning and found this thing hanging over my belt. Fun is over. Would smoking take it off? Not worth it.

Hang in there Lowell you can do it!!

I had a friend who quit cold turkey like you, so what he did is instead of chewing gum or eating hard candy, he would chew on a plastic swizzle stick, he said it helped having something in his mouth all the time............

Dont know how he found time for the swizzle stick, he always had his foot stuck in there...............:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Good luck Lowell............you can do it!!!!!!

Way to go Lowell. I quit Feb 20 2007 915am.

Cold turkey is #1 most successful way to quit.

You don't realize it right now but the money your

are going to save is hugh. I am able to make the

RSV and insurance payments as well as buy the gas

and still have some beer money left over based on

what I was paying for smokes.

After day 3 it is over. The nicotine is out of the system.

Don't forget to do some vitamins and stuff to help your body

heal for the abuse smoking was doing to it.

Proud of you man.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hang tought Lowell. Quit 2 1/2 yrs. ago. Smoked a pipe for 40 yrs. and inhaled every puff. Was also smoking Prince Albert. Run out of pipe tobacco, would go to unfiltered Camels. Yeah, it was hard, like you mad all of the time, but got thru it. Keeping Wrigley's gum in business now. Definately saving money now and feel a lot better. If I can do it, you can.

Don H.

hey la ,when i quit smoking ,i had no problem at all.i quit cold turkey. had no urge for a cigatette at all.heres how you do it, and i garrantee it works. start chewing tobacco.your lungs will recover.all you lose is your lips. than i had a heart attack and they would'nt let me have chewing tobacco in intensive care.it worked haven't smoked for 25 years. you don't have to do the heart attack part.hang in there i know you can do it. bill :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::2133:

Hang in there Lowell, I went cold turket about 15 years ago, Well i got a bad cold and couldnt stnd the tayse of anything invlufing cigs, i lit one a snufed it out after one puff. after one pck like that i never bought another.and i was a 2 pack a dayer

Hang in there LA,

At first you scared me to thinking you were buying a second Gen. :whistling:

But this is good news, quiting smoking saves you money plus adds years back to your life which means more riding time. Sure did help me but it took 3-4 weeks to get the smoke out of my lungs. I said a prayer & quit cold turkey its the only way to go. Hope to see you soon LA untill then GOD Speed.

If you need something to pass the time just pester Red Neck .:whistling:

buddy

:cool10:Great Lowell! Patsy and I quit last year Dec.18 2006. We told no one(in case we failed). But we have been smoke free for a year now. I was buying 4to 5 cartons a week for the 2 of us. It is amazing how much easier to breathe it is now! Not always coughing,can walk to the end of my driveway without stopping and gasping for air. Now, I did gain a pants size:rotf:But I am going to work on getting rid of that this year. Hang in there Lowell I promise it will get easier every day.Good luck friend!:bighug:

WAY TO GO LOWELL!! I am a quitter too, 3 packs a days.. I was an avid swimmer before I started smoking and after 12 years of cigs I couldnt swim underwater more then 20 feet holding my breath.. I just got soooooo freaking mad at the things I tossed them in the trash and never looked back.. That was 28 years ago - cigs were 40 cents a pack here...

Personally I had to let it go till I KNEW the smokes were slaying me to get mad enough to quit.. I really enjoyed smoking BUT would NEVER go back!!

If I had it to do over I would do as mentioned on here all ready.. I would keep track of every dollar I saved by quitting and I would do something really special with it like buy a new scoot or muscle car or something... Then hang one of those personalized plates on it like "I1IQUIT" (I just made that up - thats a good one.. Read "I won I quit"...

Anyway,, hang in there brother - YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!

'Puc

60 hrs'still holding on,may have to repaint the walls,wife & dog still gone,thank grandkids,call,then hang up,checking to see if it's safe to come back around,computer still can't spell,hope i don't have to quit coffee & beer:bang head:

60 hours ,thats great your almost over the hump.just hang in there 2 more months and you'll get over the urge.don't give up the coffee and beer.i won't have anyone to socialize with. :cool10: :2133: