IGNORED

Daytona Bike Week 2012

CalhounWV

• 2 weeks later...

As of now we are planning on going over from Central Fl (US 27) for bike week on the 17th. Waiting to see if some friends from Sarasota are interested in riding up with us, so departure time is unknown as of now. Usually go over taking back roads and then spend a few hours looking around and leave over there say 4ish or so.

Went there for bike week 5 or 6 years ago.

The welcoming committee consisted of county cops at US#1 & 95 giving tickets for passing on the right.

If you need gas at the station up on the right,, go ahead and sit in traffic for 1/2 hour and push the bike. Cause if you short cut it to get to the station you may have a deputy step out of the bushes and point his finger at you.

That fill up cost me and my friend $120 each,,, besides the cost of the gas.

Someone had a very good day,,,, and made lot's of money.

But,,, other than that,,,,

"Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln,,, how was the play?" :depressed:

Mike G

Mike are you taking about the interchange there @ Destination Daytona or like one below that. I think I know where your talking about and its just a #$^% I agree. But anytime you have that kind of crowds the LEO's are going to be out. Atleast the town hasnt run the event out of town.

My first time going up for biketober a buddy and I were going along 95 I had changed lanes to left and he didnt. He got stuck trying to make the exit for Destinataion Daytona and I missed it and went up to the next exit (like 11 miles) and doubled back, made my right and was still there before him.