IGNORED

Rock and roll never forgets.....

1BigDog

Saw Bob Segar and the Silver Bullet Band last night. A solid 3 hour concert. Man, cant believe that hes now 66 yrs old and the first time I saw him was in Commack NY in 1977. But he still performed great and didnt miss a beat. Too bad ticket prices werent the same as they were in 1977. And it was funny seeing all the old geezers try and rock out to his music. Back then we were passing funny lit things and small pink pills. Now we were all vying for the handicapped parking spot. Man, passing the beach ball is now outlawed too. :smile5:

Saw Bob Segar and the Silver Bullet Band last night. A solid 3 hour concert. Man, cant believe that hes now 66 yrs old and the first time I saw him was in Commack NY in 1977. But he still performed great and didnt miss a beat. Too bad ticket prices werent the same as they were in 1977. And it was funny seeing all the old geezers try and rock out to his music. Back then we were passing funny lit things and small pink pills. Now we were all vying for the handicapped parking spot. Man, passing the beach ball is now outlawed too. :smile5:

:rotf::rotf::rotf: Yep he still can rock & roll. Bob lives about 2 miles from me, we see him in store around the area every so often. He's a down to earth, nice guy. Did he do any of his old, old stuff like 2+2 and the like ? In spite of his bout with throat cancer he still sounds pretty good.

I have absolutely no idea of what your talking about...But the first one I ever went to was Grand Funk Railroad in 60something,,, or was it 70something....:Cartoon_397: :whistling::rotf:

Yep, saw Grand Funk Railroad in the very early 70's at Shea Stadium. 10 Years after opened for them. We partied all night outside the stadium for tickets that went on sale the next day. Ticketmaster or Ticketron wasnt even a blip on the radar back then. Saw Jethro Tull in 1974 then saw him here a few years ago. Not a pretty sight seeing an old man in tights trying to leap across the stage. Also had a WAR concert here last year. Only about 200 showed up. Yet, these geezers still know how to rock. And it was worth every penny.

Don, 2 tickets for Segar set us back 150 bucks. I think we paid 10 apiece back in 1977.

Jay, he did a lot of old stuff, some from the 60's. He did good. Sure would love to meet him in person.

Yep, prices are sky high, last concert I went to was Kansas, but got lucky, a lady at our church works at the venue and got about 20 free tickets and the wife and I lucked out, never saw them in concert before, but they sounded just like they did, a couple of the members were to young to be original, but the sound was there. The last concert I went to and tickets had to be bought (gift from daughter) was the Moody Blues, all the orginal members with the exception of Micheal Pinder, they were my all time favorite, saw them at least 7 times, and loved every one of the shows, in fact I have a story about the first show, but its to long to go into here, The tickets were $79.00 each, and the venue was Chastain Park, you could bring your own food, drink and tables to set up in front of your seats, there was about 6-7 feet between you and the row ahead and behind you, so you didnt get knocked in the head every time someone behind you got up to go someplace. Don't know when I will go back to another, but at the prices they are demanding now, looks doubtful.

Yep, prices are sky high, last concert I went to was Kansas, but got lucky, a lady at our church works at the venue and got about 20 free tickets and the wife and I lucked out, never saw them in concert before, but they sounded just like they did, a couple of the members were to young to be original, but the sound was there. The last concert I went to and tickets had to be bought (gift from daughter) was the Moody Blues, all the orginal members with the exception of Micheal Pinder, they were my all time favorite, saw them at least 7 times, and loved every one of the shows, in fact I have a story about the first show, but its to long to go into here, The tickets were $79.00 each, and the venue was Chastain Park, you could bring your own food, drink and tables to set up in front of your seats, there was about 6-7 feet between you and the row ahead and behind you, so you didnt get knocked in the head every time someone behind you got up to go someplace. Don't know when I will go back to another, but at the prices they are demanding now, looks doubtful.

I would pay $80 per ticket for the Moody Blues! My all time fav as well. I have cd's of most of their music, ripped to MP3 and loaded on my Garmin. We rock to the MB's whenever we are out on longer trips.

Joe

Got all their LP's CD',s copied all the CD's to save the originals, even starting converting the LP's to CD and MP3 to get that special sound that vinyl has...........they are in every vehicle I have and are great travel music, my two grown kids even like them, one thing I notice, whenever we go to one of their concerts the mix is about 50/50...........young, and old and gray!!!!

At one concert I was less than 5 feet from the band and one of them handed me a pic, which I gave to my son............wish I would have kept it, I have had other items given to me by famous band members, but for some reason I gave them to my kids, one was a set of drumsticks from the drummer of the Wallflowers, Jakob Dylans band, we were standing at the edge of the stage, I was an old whited headed fart standing there and he kept eyeing me wondering what in the world is that old guy doing there, so after the set he walked up to me and handed me the drumsticks. I thought that was the coolest thing that could ever happen to me at a concert, by the way they opened for Cheryl Crow and I got to shake her hand also...........awesome concert, that was back in 1998 if memory serves me right. I only got to go because my wife bailed at the last minute so I went with my kids.

I would pay $80 per ticket for the Moody Blues! My all time fav as well. I have cd's of most of their music, ripped to MP3 and loaded on my Garmin. We rock to the MB's whenever we are out on longer trips.

Joe

Edited by DragonRider

The only concert I went to was in Chastain Park in 1996, or 95. I saw Natalie Cole in concert. The college I went to paid for it. All I had to was buy my own dinner. Lewis is right that Chastain park is a great place to see a concert. Had the group from the school known we could have pooled our resources and brought a picnic dinner, we might have.