IGNORED

Question for the experienced riders

rstacy

My buddy is making this device that flashes either a light bar or a 20 watt LED that mounts inside your tail light assembly.

What do you guys think is more effective? Do you like the idea of having the LED in your tail light or do you prefer a separate flashing light?

Thanks,

Ray

Edited by rstacy

Wonder how it would fit on back of my top rack on the glorious 86 VR? I have three police yellow strob lights in front, one tilted slightly upward above the main headlight, and one on each side of the farings. Really works in day light and night. Would like to add two of these on rear, but the cost in 2006 was $50 each. Would consider your friends if it will work as LED and on my VR. Purchasing info appreciated.

Jack Z

Thanks guys. This is the same module installed on his MDX.

I am installing one on my bike this weekend. I was leaning towards putting the 20 watt led in my tail light assembly. After reading the feedback here I am considering using it to maybe drive the light bar on my trunk or I might buy the light bar that Jim Crane showed me a while back.

I have one of those on my scoot. I wired it into the bar only. It's called a back-off module. I got it from one of our vendors that advertises here on the site. Same place I bought my headlight modulator from, and my 100 LED taillight.

http://www.customdynamics.com/signal_dynamics_back_off_brake_light_modulator.htm

Edited by Monty

The video of the car isn't bad. Me personally I don't like anything that flashes, strobes, modulates especially if I'm stuck behind someone with them. I find I get fixated on them and will not pay attention to other things or I have to look away. Just a different opinion. I think there's a reason why manufacturers don't install similar devices.

The wife called me a few minutes ago bout some trucker who has some idiotic flashing leds on the back of his trailer near his license plate that's driving her mad. Which in his mind thinks it will keep people from tailgating him. But, he hasn't thought about those stuck behind him a two lane road or probably could care less, which is all good unless you need that one pissed off behind you to help you for some reason or another.

They generally only flash when the brakes are first applied....then go solid.

Theat would negate the fixation/distraction problem.

It would drive me nuts if it was constantly flashing....and like I said in an earlier post...that would probably make it illegal.