IGNORED

What's a Dongle??

Condor

SO... I just picked up this Nolan 103 helmet off Ebay, and now I'm looking at possible bluetooth head sets. Nolan makes one, as well as J&M... maybe others??. Both will interface with my GPS or phone. But... I'd like to find an adaptor that would plug into the Audio cord on a 2ndGen, and be able to link to a bluetooth headset eliminating the hardwire. Then I could RX and TX with the CB. Basically that's all I'd use it for as the GPS has an integrated MP3 player. Question... Is a J&M Dongle a bluetooth adapter??

at one time a dongle was a device that was installed between the device and the computer as a hardware key to allow only licensed users to use the software.

Easy to copy software...but without the hardware "dongle" it wouldn't work.

OK, I guess it's like an interface cable but bluetooth?? I guess a call to J&M is in order...

Maybe it's for charging?? I have a great little USB charger ($15 Best Buy) so I can charge anything with a USB "dongle". Don't need to carry the sometimes bulky auto chargers that come with devices. One tiny charger for all my electronics. Me loves it!:cool10:

Maybe it's for charging?? I have a great little USB charger ($15 Best Buy) so I can charge anything with a USB "dongle". Don't need to carry the sometimes bulky auto chargers that come with devices. One tiny charger for all my electronics. Me loves it!:cool10:

BTW...didn't mean to high-jack yer thread there!

Edited by Yamamike
add photo

A dongle is just a wire to connect one device to another (like phone to USB charger or to computer or radio, etc.). The term is not specific to any device...it's more of a generic term.:fingers-crossed-emo

This would be my best deffinition too, most of the dongles we use are for video cards to split into two outputs.

Just called J&M. It pays to go to the source... :) Their 'Dongle' along with their cable will convert our 2ndGen audio systems into wireless bluetooth. So the possibilities are endless. I'll be seriously looking at one once I know the helmet will fit my fat head. :whistling:

Question... What is a "dongle"?

Dongle = a small device that plugs into a computer and serves as an adapter or as a security measure to enable the use of certain software. Also, The word dongle was broadcast in episodes of the BBC Goon show in December 1957 and also January 1956.:stickpoke::doh::rotf:

Dongle = a small device that plugs into a computer and serves as an adapter or as a security measure to enable the use of certain software. Also, The word dongle was broadcast in episodes of the BBC Goon show in December 1957 and also January 1956.:stickpoke::doh::rotf:

Thanks, Oh fountain of trivia.... :) :whistling: