IGNORED

Auto Headlight ?

GolfVenture

My low beam on the driver side went out, but still have high beam. Replaced the headlamp and all is fine for 24 hours then the same low beam goes out.

Being that that the Passenger side both hi and low works I tested both the old and the new lamp in the Passenger side and yep both the low beams are out on the old and recently new one.

I then put the good one from the passenger side and put it into the Driver side and the Driver side now has both low and high beam.

I can see why the low beam on the old headlamp go out after nearly 17 years but why would the brand new headlamp low bean go out within 24 hours. If there is a short wouldn't the fuse blow instead of the headlamp low beam?

I now that one possibility would be that the low beam on the new one might be defective.

I sure would like to know other possible reasons.

Thanks

Brian.

We have a car that did the same thing (drivers side). Giving the lense a "calibrated tap" and it would come on

We replaced the bulb and now it works fine. I had spraying the socket with electrical cleaner and confirmed that the pins were good and it would work for a while then go out again. So far so good with the new bulb.

Could be your "new" bulb isn't good.

What brand and bulb number did you use for a replacement?

Today's bulbs don't seem to last as long as the older ones.

When I worked in the semi shop, it was always the newer style trucks that use the individual bulbs that kept burning out while the older sealed beams just kept burning.

What is it with you and LIGHTS ? First the house, then the car! What's next? Please don't mess with the big light in the sky. :stickpoke:

It all started last year when I bought my New2Me89VR. I join this group then understood how important it is to be heard and seen. So I put 4 Stebel Electric horns on. Then Custom Dynamics Directional turn signals, Driving lights, brighter head lights, working on new LED dash lights, adding Stop/Turn/Running LEDs to the Trunk Reflectors. Then recently I bought a New2Me91VR and am in the process of moving all my newly installed lights onto the 91VR. Each time I read more threads I get more ideas. Now I'm adding White LED get attention lights on the rear of the 91VR. Then both my house and car lights started to go bad.

Could it be that I joined this group. I've spent more time with maintenance and upgrading my VR than I've ridden it. I've got parts for new projects just waiting to be installed. I'm hoping to put more time in the saddle next year.

This is ridiculas. But it is alot of fun and keeps me out of trouble.