IGNORED

Unusual motor issue

I'm on my second new style Venture and have over 185k combined miles on them. In October I went on a yearly ride to Winchester Speedway with my friends from Jackass Flats. We get to put all the bikes on the track,a high banked blacktop 1/2 mile, and have at it for 8-10 laps and get to repeat a few times too! What a blast to let the Venture blow past my Harley friends. Anyway after 3 outings on that day running in 3rd gear wide open and hitting the rev limits on the straights I thought my power was falling....or was the speed deceiving me? As we left the track in a group of 50 bikes I was sure my bike was noisey and power was down. At a traffic light I told my buddy what was going on and he said my bike was sounding noisey. I felt each pipe and all 4 were firing. When we reached the next stop I was concerned but with all the Harley guys talking about how good my bike sounded blowing past them and saying they had a new respect for my Venture. It felt and sounded better but still not right until we had rode about 50 miles at normal speeds. Then in a good place for it one of my friends with a 2010 Harley Ultra Classic Limited hit it hard and started around me and it was ON then! My bike ran great and while he was trying to shift gears on his Harley I was banging gears like a Yamaha dirt bike and it ran great! I don't know for sure but I'm thinking I bleed the lifters dry or something and I had problems until they pumped back up.....I have rode it over 1000 miles after that and it's not noisey and runs great as usual! Can anyone tell me what happened?