IGNORED

Possible solution for the high cost of prescription drugs

CaptainJoe

Taking with a friend of mine yesterday. Sharon's a retired private school teacher for the special kids. At 64 she has no health insurance, perscription or dental. She'll turn 65 in two weeks. Her husband Jerry who is a few years older and on medicare, just had a successful quadruple heart bypass.

The Dr. wrote out the scripts for Jerry, Sharon went to Wallmart to fill them. First she ask how much they cost. It was $300 for one and $500 for the other for a one month supply. She said "now I know why people have to make the decision on wether to eat, or, buy their prescriptions..."

She said no thanks, I can't afford it. She called the Dr. back up and ask how in the world was she suppose to come up with that much money "every month". The Dr. Said let me work with the folks at Wallmart...

After switching the medications she is now paying less than $14 for a 3 month supply.:mo money:

Just though I'd pass this on as it may help one of us or someone you know...

That's been done before. Some years ago I needed to have some antibiotics. So the doctor asked me what I usually used and I told him ampicillian. (something like that). Anyways, he wrote out the perscription and told me it was a new drug and might work better. He also said that he had just recently been informed about it from a salesman, and then during the following conversation he said he was hoping to go out golfing with this salesman. I went to the pharmacy to fill the prescription and it came to $35.00. I nearly jumped over the counter, but left the prescription there and went back to see my doctor who then apologized and wrote out another for ampicillian,, $8.00, thank-you very much.