IGNORED

VentureMP3 player

midnightventure

For what it is worth Yamaha Sports Plaza has the I simple from Yamaha on their web site for $168.71.

See the link below.

I have the ISimple adapter and am happy with it. It also keeps the iPod charged so there is always a drain on the battery. If I'm not riding for a few days I unplug the iPod.

I posted earlier about the battery draining if left for six days. Since then I have left the bike for 3 days with no sign of battery drain. I just wanted to post this to give ya'll some more info on how long it could be left without draining. Given what I know now, don't leave the bike for more than 4-5 days without unplugging the player. Hopes this helps. It still beats the heck out of having to unplug and plug up an mp3 player every time you leave the bike in a parking lot some where on the road. I still am glad I bought this, even with this little quirk.

Edited by Kirby

I ordered the player this weekend and he said he was going to install the switch. I have been emailing him for a few days so I guess they see the necessity of the switch.

I'll take a pic when I receive it for the switch location.

Keith

I ordered the player this weekend and he said he was going to install the switch. I have been emailing him for a few days so I guess they see the necessity of the switch.

I'll take a pic when I receive it for the switch location.

Keith

I am very interested in see this. I just can't believe it draws that much juice to kill a battery in a week. The radio/clock draw a certain amount to maintain programmed stations and time, but I can leave my bike sit for weeks and not have a significant amount of drain. I would like to get this unit, even if I have to have a separate switch. But what happens when you turn off the power and then turn it back on? Any reprogramming or syncing? If so, I will pass.

Hi Bill

Just wondering what class of SD card you are using and if a higher class would result in faster read times between tracks?

Also I use a program for mass renaming files that would only take a few minutes to rename your files once you get use to the program. You can get it at this link or someone may know of another

www.rlvision.com/flashren/about.asp

Tks

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

I can't answer any questions regarding the function of the switch. My bike is in storage until Apr/May so I won't know till then. I'm sure if you send an email to them they can help you .....very good people to deal with and fast reply's

Keith

Yep, Anytime the power is cut to the player head unit, it starts back at the beginning of the disc.

This and the limited number of songs are the reason I'll stick with my MP3 player plugged into the aux port. I lock my gps up when stopped and away from the bike, so grabbing the mp3 is only another 2 seconds. Right now I have 2400 songs to choose from. Your Ipod may hold 1000's of songs but if you can only listen to 594 of them, doesn't that kinda defeat the reason you have it? :whistling:

This and the limited number of songs are the reason I'll stick with my MP3 player plugged into the aux port. I lock my gps up when stopped and away from the bike, so grabbing the mp3 is only another 2 seconds. Right now I have 2400 songs to choose from. Your Ipod may hold 1000's of songs but if you can only listen to 594 of them, doesn't that kinda defeat the reason you have it? :whistling:

I don't think I'll be listening to 594 songs in one day, do you? IF, I did , I'd just put in another sd card and continue with 594 more. Gotta stop for gas sometime, right? And it's not an Ipod. It's a player designed for the Venture that has a player head that plays mp3's through sd card and flash drives(usb). It literally becomes part of your bike as much as the cassette deck, radio, or cd changer. And I can still plug in my mp3 player just as you do if I ever want to.

Edited by Kirby

I don't think I'll be listening to 594 songs in one day, do you? IF, I did , I'd just put in another sd card and continue with 594 more. Gotta stop for gas sometime, right? And it's not an Ipod. It's a player designed for the Venture that has a player head that plays mp3's through sd card and flash drives(usb). It literally becomes part of your bike as much as the cassette deck, radio, or cd changer. And I can still plug in my mp3 player just as you do if I ever want to.

I was referring to the Yamaha unit when I made my comments about Ipods. No I won't listen to 594 songs in one day, but, on an extended trip I could go through way more. Switching sd cards may not be a bad thing, I could have different mixes for the wife and myself.

I have been looking at this thing and mulling it over. I think I will just stick with my Sony MP3 player. I can set it to shuffle and never have to worry about it draining the battery or having to get into the trunk to turn it off. The guy has a good idea, he just needs to perfect it a bit more for my taste.

Jay, you know Jeannie is going to be riding that trike on all future trips!! So, maybe two mp3 player units? One for you and one for her?

Shh, don't tell her but she has a mp3 coming at the end of the month. There is a cd changer in her trunk already. I already use a 8GB Sansa Clip+ it's small works great and almost invisible if I roll it to the bottom of the handlebars. A short coil cord connects it to my aux port.

• 1 month later...

Received and installed the MP3 this week on the RSV. Love having my music control from the main radio control again. Didn't like trying to control the ipod with heavy groves during the winter.

I have been transferring some of my old albums over to mp3, so I get one side of the album as one track which gives me more songs on the sd card.

Since I ride everyday to work, leaving the MP3 on has not been a problem.

Cost was very reasonable also. Paid $120 plus shipping.