IGNORED

Off Work the rest of this week....

FuzzyRSTD

I took off the rest of this week to take a break and get some bow-hunting time in. Got me a young doe yesterday evening for the freezer. I will eat some of it, the rest will be given to friends.

I will be hunting for a turkey or two this evening. Yet for now, here I sit on this computer. I better save this for later and get going. I would have liked to have gotten some riding in, a little anyway, but need tires (two bad spots to the threads, not safe at all),sigh, and will probably just wait until this winter to put them on.

Well It is hard sometimes in life to decide the better of two loves. I love to ride, but I also love to bow-hunt. There are needs in my life for both. The thing is though, that both are at their peak at the same time during Fall of year.

I do not care to gun hunt, I would rather deer/turkey hunt with my bow. If I wait to long into deer season, then all the other deer seasons will be in and out, early muzzle loader this weekend for two days. Then another muzzle loader season for 7-8 days. Then modern gun season for three weeks in November. So I like to hunt now before all this. I seem to have my best days afield now and until the second week of November. I look for a good buck, pass on a lot of small ones. So this takes time.

But I love them both.

So off I go to the woods for now. Man I would love to take a ride.........

Fuzzy

It all depends on where you are.

There are parts of Wisconsin where the deer have been so over hunted that they are very few and far between. Hunting has been very restricted for the last 4 years trying to get the deer numbers back up. There are other areas where it is not uncomon to see herds of over 50 deer.

Here in North Carolina the deer population is huge. I have deer in my back field two or three times a day. I can take up to eight deer a season of any sex, but I can't freeze that much meat. Therefore I only take one or two if I get one early and one late. I prefer the doe for the more tender meat. I never trophy hunt. I also have lots of turkey except they are all hens. The Toms never show there selves.

:farmer:

So off I go to the woods for now. Man I would love to take a ride.........

Fuzzy, The plan I have is...............

I set up the trail camera..........get a few Buck Pictures which I show my 16 year old grandson....that gets him all fired up.....

I do a late afternoon bike ride...enjoying the autumn colors.....

return home and hope I need to help the grandson with the "BUCK"........if no BUCK..no Problem....tomorrow we try again the same way.

After not deer hunting for 30 years, one of my grandsons ask if I would go with him ,now I have a new cross bow & 50 cal black powder and no $$ ,but I do love the time spent with him in the outdoors

Most of the reason I go hunting at Thanksgiving in Kansas, spend time with my Dad, who knows how many more hunting seasons are left where I can do this with him.

I too have to decide between hunting and riding at times tough decision but it is two things that my son and I do together that is kind of like a ritual between us,Some good father son time.So glad that I got him on a bike at a young age and got him into hunting also.Good luck finding a wallhanger.

The wife says I have to practice with the bow before going into the woods even though I can hit a cup sized object at 30 yrds. With 72lb. pull, peepe sites and mechanical release it's almost like shooting a gun. Of course she's right as shooting from a seated position is a lot different than from a standing position(i hunt in a blind).. In fact taking a 100+ yrd. shot with my 30-06 180 gr. is just as challanging if not more...

Good luck!

Just don't shoot anything with a red nose or there'll be a lot of dissapointed kids... :rudolf:

And remember:

:worthless:

Decided to do a little turkey and squirrel hunting with my bow this morning, since it was raining earlier. I turkey hunted yesterday evening and saw several squirrels, so I decided to take a judo point for small game this time. I came home with 4 squirrels, no misses and one was a head shot. Did not see any turkey. I was hunting from a blind and turkey calling every now and then.

So maybe squirrel for supper and a little gravy and biscuits.

[ATTACH]61659[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]61660[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]61661[/ATTACH]

Fuzzy

No squirrel gravy and biscuits this evening, maybe she we will feel better tomorrow. My wife is having problems with the blood veins in her legs. She went to the doctor today. They are saying possible operation on left leg. So remember her in your prayers please. She has had this problem for many years now, getting worse.

She was on her feet a lot today and needs her rest.

Fuzzy

Prayers for your wife and family...

Take your little beasties, quarter them cook in pressure cooker till done. Take lid off and let simmer.

Then get the flour out, one egg, touch of salt a little water... mix it all up till it's not sticky... throw some flour down on the table and press down with hand sprinkle more dry flour, roll out till 1/8 thick. Cut in 1" squares and drop in pressure cookers boiling water for 20 min...

Squirrel Potpie.....Yummmmmmmmm

Now you went and did it, I'm Hungry:witch_brew:

Prayers for your wife and family...

Take your little beasties, quarter them cook in pressure cooker till done. Take lid off and let simmer.

Then get the flour out, one egg, touch of salt a little water... mix it all up till it's not sticky... throw some flour down on the table and press down with hand sprinkle more dry flour, roll out till 1/8 thick. Cut in 1" squares and drop in pressure cookers boiling water for 20 min...

Squirrel Potpie.....Yummmmmmmmm

Now you went and did it, I'm Hungry:witch_brew:

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Sounds good captainjoe, but I am a little confused. So then you are making what we call dumplings I think ? Close to potpie any how. I believe you have cooked a few meals from what you have said here. My wife says I should take lessons and do the same.

Fuzzy

My wife is feeling better today, and thank God for that. So she fixed up a great supper this evening, and I wanted to share it with you all, the only way I know how.

Remember those squirrels ? I like them fried with a thick crust, and fried taters and beans and a slab of cornbread fresh out of the old iron skillet. Are you hungry yet ?

[ATTACH]61712[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]61713[/ATTACH] Sorry you could not join me. [ATTACH]61711[/ATTACH] :confused24: :whistling: :whistling:

Edited by FuzzyRSTD