IGNORED

Motorcycle CB Radios

a1bummer

So what do you recommend? I used CB's quite a bit some 20 years ago but have probably forgotten most of what I knew about them. Back then they were still pretty big and I don't want to stick one of those on my bike. So what options are there for a 1st gen? I don't really care to break the bank to get one either. I do plan on getting the Scala Rider/passenger headsets, or similar, sometime in the near future and am taking that into consideration. Assuming that they can somehow be integrated into a CB somehow.

By the way, I no longer have the factory stereo installed on my bike, so a stock CB probably won't work for me. Unless of course I could somehow connect it to the AUX on my aftermarket stereo. But then I would have to know the pinouts on the CB's connector.

What kind of setups were some of you guys using on our "Leaf Lookers Run" this weekend?

Thanks

Bill

J+M has a great set-up for after market use. Go to Sierra Electronics and have a look see. It is not cheap though.

For about $50 more than the base model you can get one with the intercom. That'll let you save the bucks from the Scala system. The biggest drawback I see to the J&M is that they use pricier headsets.

The only other system I've seen is a cobra handheld with some accessories to make it work for a motorcycle. Works well enough, but isn't very elegant. I also don't believe it's weather proof.

Bill,back when I had my BMW,I used the real small cobra 19..

It's a compact little unit,but you still have to pick up the mike to talk...

And it wasn't weather proof.....

It's wasn't a bad set up,but I would look for a hands free set up like Mike was using...

I'm sure that there is a set up that will work for us guys that don't wear lids..:whistling:

That is true buddy,but then I could also hear all yous guys bad mouthing me...:bang head: :p :p :p

Now that's just not true. :8: We were trying to tell you about the curves and which way to turn cause we knew you couldn't see over the windshield / dash. :whistling: :witch_brew:

Bryan

Edited by bryan52577

Rick "Hayword" has generously offered to help me out with a small system he hasn't been using. I can just hook it into my stereos AUX port. All I will still will be needing is an antennae and a MKII antennae mount. I'll check Ebay and see what I can find. Hopefully I'll still get a chance to try it out this season yet. If not, there's always next season.

Thanks

Bill