No differences year to year on the 05-09 RSTD's other than the paint. The "S" model has more Chrome each year.

I like the Avon Venoms on mine going with a 130 width front tire whch seems to make the bike a bit more nimble.

welcome to the Ventureriders.

Pics..????

Just bought an 08 RSTD last Sunday, So far so good love the bike. got a buddy has an 06 model. Are there any major differences in the two model years ? Now I need to research tires as well as I dont like the Bridgestones on it ? Suggestions?

Let me be the first to tell you some of the rules. LOL

1) It didn't happen unless you post pictures.

2) Your part of our family now and you can never leave, no matter what you ride.

3) Ask questions and you will get some answers .... some smart a$$ but you will alway get a response that will help solve your problem or question.

Oh ya welcome to the family!

:banana::banana::banana:

The 08 is my favorite year and the fastest color in the Blue/Black.I liked white wall tires on mine and so I used Dunlop 404 or the Metzler 880 which doesn't come in a size for the rear in WWW. I wish i hadn't wrecked it,and would buy a replecement if I could fine one close to me in UT.

BTW welcome to the family.This is a great place with lots of good people.

No differences year to year on the 05-09 RSTD's other than the paint. The "S" model has more Chrome each year.

I like the Avon Venoms on mine going with a 130 width front tire whch seems to make the bike a bit more nimble.

welcome to the Ventureriders.

Pics..????

How does one determine if his bike is a "S" model?

I saw wind deflectors on a used bike that had square, bronze tinted wind deflectors atattched to the top of the paniers. I drove the bike and they were very effective. The were held by one screw on the inside of the air box. Any ideas where they can be purchased, or do you have an idea for a good substitue.

Mike

I saw wind deflectors on a used bike that had square, bronze tinted wind deflectors atattched to the top of the paniers. I drove the bike and they were very effective. The were held by one screw on the inside of the air box. Any ideas where they can be purchased, or do you have an idea for a good substitue.

Mike

I don't think I've ever seen them. A picture would help.

They might have been made by the owner.