IGNORED

TuffTom's Trailer GA/FLresidents listen up!

GAWildKat

I've been on the phone off and on for the past hour with TuffTom, the impound yard, and Cowboy trying to find a way to get Tom's trailer moved from the impound yard somewhere where Tom can get it when he feels better. Tom was notified today the insurance company is only paying the storage fees on the trailer through tomorrow 09/02/11. The impound yard will be closed until Sept 6th for labor day weekend. Now being the great group we are I know we can pull this together on short notice. I'm told that we should put the trailer on a trailer to get it to Tom or somewhere he can get it. Who can step up and help me on short notice? I'd get it but I have neither a trailer nor a towing hitch.

I've been on the phone off and on for the past hour with TuffTom, the impound yard, and Cowboy trying to find a way to get Tom's trailer moved from the impound yard somewhere where Tom can get it when he feels better. Tom was notified today the insurance company is only paying the storage fees on the trailer through tomorrow 09/02/11. The impound yard will be closed until Sept 6th for labor day weekend. Now being the great group we are I know we can pull this together on short notice. I'm told that we should put the trailer on a trailer to get it to Tom or somewhere he can get it. Who can step up and help me on short notice? I'd get it but I have neither a trailer nor a towing hitch.

Where is the trailer at and where does it need to get to?

Trailer is:

Casey Towing

Dewey Warnock Road

East Dublin, Ga. 31027

478-697-7119

I'm in Warner Robins GA , which is about an hr and a half away from E. Dublin. What I'm thinking is this, if we can get the trailer, and get it started on a journey south to Ft Pierce FL.

Tom thinks he can get it tues. I'm thinking not. He said he got winded and worn out just dealing with the water company and driving to the insurance company. I think it would be better if we could get it moved somewhere and stored until he can get it or it finishes a journey to his house.

The impound yard will release the trailer to whomever comes to claim it today or tomorrow.

Cowboy and I are still playing phone tag trying to work a solution. Anyone wanting to give a hand reply here and call him to make sure he hasn't secured a pickup for the trailer.

Cowboy says it's not worth the risk since it was knocked off the trailer ball in the wreck. I've never towed a trailer before so I haven't a clue what to look for. The guy I talked to at the impound yard thought a small lawnmower trailer would be the best way to get Tom's trailer.

if I was closer or someone was headed this away I could store it till when ever he could come get it no problem. but I am close to Talladega, Alabama. I checked with my son-inlaw which is a truck driver but he is not in the area, sorry.

Sling has offered to pick up the trailer from the impound yard and bring it to my house to hold until my friend in the Atlanta area comes to take it to Ocala. My friend is friends with Tufftom's friend that's rescued him from the hospital and helping him at home. My concern is the what ifs if my friend can't get the trailer when he comes to get it. I'm moving sometime around Sept 28th. I will keep everyone appraised of how the next two weeks goes.

Sling just left after dropping off Tom's trailer. He pointed out the tongue is a bolt on piece and can be replaced. Since I have a bit of time before my friend Darryl comes to get the trailer I'll discuss with Tom what he wants regarding the tongue.

Great teamwork. Thanks Sling. And thanks again GAWildKat.

Sling just left after dropping off Tom's trailer. He pointed out the tongue is a bolt on piece and can be replaced. Since I have a bit of time before my friend Darryl comes to get the trailer I'll discuss with Tom what he wants regarding the tongue.

Are you gonna be able to make the meet and eat on sunday if so I think I have a replacement bolt on coupler I will look for it and bring it if you are gonna be able to pick it up in Snellville I need to know because the wing is short on space but if you can get it I will try to find it and bring it with me

Jeff

I got home about 1:15 Met Peggy for lunch. Now I'm gonna go hang out with my 3yr.old granddaughter. Uneventful trip Glad I could help..Oh btw Tom I didn't open the cooler, but I think the food inside needs to be cooked :whistling:NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!:rotf::rotf:

I got home about 1:15 Met Peggy for lunch. Now I'm gonna go hang out with my 3yr.old granddaughter. Uneventful trip Glad I could help..Oh btw Tom I didn't open the cooler, but I think the food inside needs to be cooked :whistling:NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!:rotf::rotf:

Thank you so much and everyother VR member you don't know how much this all means to me, and you could have taken the food as a thank you...lol

TOM

• 3 weeks later...

I'm updating this post because I'm in a bad position here folx. My friend that was supposed to get Tom's Trailer backed out at the last minute. I'm sitting here with Tom's trailer and next Monday my roommate closes on his new house. The vibe I get right now from him isn't good, and I believe he's going to send us packing when the home closes next week. I would put the trailer in my storage unit but it's stuffed to the gills with my stuff. Tom can't come get it because of the shoulder surgery. So I really need someone to step up and give me a hand to get it somewhere more stable until it can get to Tom or someone can take it to Tom. I really need this!