IGNORED

dont think its supposed to look like this.......

painterman67

I just finished more or less the install of the final drive bought from skydoc. Many thanks to all who gave me the courage to do this on my own. It is in for the most part. Got to put gear oil in and tighten up bolts and such an install the left exhuast.

Not sure but I dont think the rear end is suposed to look like this. The drive shaft is fused to the sleeve and its not like that on the new to me one.

David

I just finished more or less the install of the final drive bought from skydoc. Many thanks to all who gave me the courage to do this on my own. It is in for the most part. Got to put gear oil in and tighten up bolts and such an install the left exhuast.

Not sure but I dont think the rear end is suposed to look like this. The drive shaft is fused to the sleeve and its not like that on the new to me one.

David

Thats exactly what happened to mine I was puling away from a ducati when there was this loud bang which we both heard. At the time I did not know what it was so I continued riding the bike for the rest of the summer. Then when I changed the oil I discovered it was a very pretty metalic grey, OUCH. Bought new bearings and seals, took it apart and that is when I was suddenly enlightened as to what that mysterious bang was.

so drive shafts do break once in a while???

Hopefully a 1st gen thing....

Well I believe it is only a 1st Gen thing .......because second gen's just don't have the power

I'm not sure if it'll fit or not, but I have a drive shaft from an FJR1300. It's 15-1/16" in length, and since the FJR finals will fit a Venture it's possible this will too?? Anyway it's yours for shipping if you need it...

Thanks condor,

but I dont need it . Skydoc sent me an entire final drive along with the matching driveshaft.

David

I'm not sure if it'll fit or not, but I have a drive shaft from an FJR1300. It's 15-1/16" in length, and since the FJR finals will fit a Venture it's possible this will too?? Anyway it's yours for shipping if you need it...

Don´t think the FJR will fit the Venture. At least it does not fit my Royal Star Tour Classic II 1998 and I think it is exactly the same as the Venture. But please correct me if I am wrong.