IGNORED

God was with me.

albyzee

I am going to share a story with you about something that happened to me last week. That I only found out today what happened. That still scares the hell out of me.

Last week I was out on the ocean fishing when I happened to look north and saw a storm heading my way. I headed toward Barneget Lighthouse inlet as fast as I could so I would be at least in the bay. Well unfortunately the storm caught up to me. I got to the bay and was still quite a way from home when out of nowhere a bolt of lightning went across the sky and the clap of thunder immediately followed. This scared me. Then two seconds later another bolt of lightning with the loudest noise I have heard in all my life. It sounded like it hit something directly behind me. This now terrified me which I thought I was literally going to sh** my pants. I didn't know what to do. I had to get off the bay NOW. I was almost going to head to land and just beach the boat till the storm passed. Well I decided to get the hell home ASAP full throttle toward home. I made it to my lagoon and jumped out of that boat the fastest I have ever did it. I MADE IT. HOME. YAY

Well now we go ahead a few days. I was doing some pre-checks on the boat as I was going fishing again the next morning. Well the boat started like it always did but for some reason my GPS, Fish finder and gauges were not working. So I checked my wires and fuses but couldn't find anything wrong. I talked to my mechanic and he gave me a few things to check. I went home and started to inspect the boat again when lo and behold I found my problem. That last bolt of lightning HIT MY ANTENNA just above my head. Thank you God for watching over me. I still get the willies thinking about it let alone looking at the pictures. Check them out. WOW.

[ATTACH]59806[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]59807[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]59808[/ATTACH]

Back in the early 70's I was on Lake Norman, north of Charlotte, NC with my wife and father in law when it blew up a storm. We immediately headed for shore and about a half hour later when we got back to the dock, a sail boat was being towed in that three people had just died in it from a lighting strike. Since then I don't get near the water when a storm is coming.

RandyA

Edited by Venturous Randy

Lightning does strange things. While standing anchors I heard the Jackstaff start vibrating. That is a metal pole at the bow of the ship. I could feel things starting to get tense. I moved back to the breastplate, a barrier which keeps waves from sweeping past the anchor deck, and stood on the rope tie up lines. The jackstaff was really vibrating by now so I crouched down. Suddenly everything was quiet. When I left the bow the crew asked it I had heard the gigantic explosion. I didn't. apparently they had seen the lightning come down and split between the jackstaff and the breastworks with me in the middle. All I knew was that every filling in my mouth was hot and aching.