IGNORED

What The **** !!!!

Yammer Dan

Mounted my new E lll last night. Aired it up left it sit and put it back on bike this morning. Bounced it and then forgot to check air. Rode a little and checked it and it was about 15 lbs low. Then happened to think I forgot to balance the blasted thing. So I thought I have a bottle of Ride-On. I could balance and fix leak at same time. Bright ain't I?? Took it home, let all air out put Ride-On in and aired it back up. Took it for ride to settle Ride-On in. Got about 1/2 mile and it started that dreaded wobble. Got stopped and tire was flat!! Had came completely broke loose from one side of rim. Limped it back home, aired it up and got it to seal. Took it for ride and ended up pushing it pretty hard just to check it. No problems at all and seems to be balanced pretty well. Have no idea how much of the Ride-On I lost. Some of it was splattered on bike but not much. Kind of hard to look in tire. Now I don't know if I can trust the thing or not. I pushed it thru some 30 mph turns this evening at 55 to 60. Hung right in there. (I was Mad and acting stupid) I said acting goo...aww nevermind!!! Think I should just ride it??

The Ride-On isn't meant to balance a tire completely, just fine tune it. They say to balance it like you always do and then put the 'goo' in. Maybe you lucked out and the E3 was pretty close to being balanced from the git-go....

The Ride-On isn't meant to balance a tire completely, just fine tune it. They say to balance it like you always do and then put the 'goo' in. Maybe you lucked out and the E3 was pretty close to being balanced from the git-go....

Yes I thought it was pretty close when I took the 1st ride and remembered I had forgotten to balance it. It had a little shake but not bad. Thats why I decided to just use Ride-On instead of pulling wheel again. Should have pulled wheel only takes minutes on 1st Gen. Just can't figgure out what caused it to loose air and go down like that.

Yes I thought it was pretty close when I took the 1st ride and remembered I had forgotten to balance it. It had a little shake but not bad. Thats why I decided to just use Ride-On instead of pulling wheel again. Should have pulled wheel only takes minutes on 1st Gen. Just can't figgure out what caused it to loose air and go down like that.

Generally that is caused by a leak...........:duck:

Get out your bottle of soapy water and start looking for bubbles.

A normal leak I could understand. This thing went in seconds from properly inflated to one side not sealed at all. That side just pulled back off to the middle of the rim. With almost 50 lbs of air in it WHAT HAPPENED??? It had held most of its air sitting all night. Couldn't have been a major leak in sidewall.

one thought on why the bead came loose, when you added the Ride-On did you get some on the bead? Could this have acted like a lubricant? Even at that though, I would think the bead would have to have been poorly seated to let it come off.

Got all the Ride-On into the tire. I had bounced it around and dribbled it like a basketball after I aired it up the 1st time. Took it for a ride of about 20 miles before I remembered I had forgotten to balance came back let the air out added the Ride-On and started out again. Made it about 1/2 mile before air disappeared. I did not check when it went flat to see if it had came off rim then just turned it around and limped it home. Might have broken bead when I done that. I didn't loose all the Ride-On. It didn't make enough of a mess. Kind of hard to see how much is left. It runs pretty smooth now but I might go ahead and pull it and balance.