IGNORED

07 value

jlh3rd

i know i can sit here and do this myself , but a double bone fracture below the rt knee makes it hard to sit here long...so...asking for some help.........what is a fair value for the insurance to offer me for a totaled ( not really that bad but parts exceed their (ins.) value) 07 venture not including accessories. 22,000 miles, purchased new by me...........

and how would a buy back for me work....that's also being offered...would that mean the bike is under a salvaged title ?

Sorry cant help you out on Ins. info, and really sorry to hear you are banged up and the bike is totalled. Any chance you want to share the details:think: Hope you heal up quickly and you get a fair deal from the Ins. co:080402gudl_prv: Craig

i don't remeber exactly why i went down, as i don't remember the details... but i was returning from a little dinner ride for me on the 19th about 7:45 pm...the bike went down as i was approaching the on ramp for I-83 south, a rt hand turn off of 13 th st., a place i am totally familiar with......there is a triangular concrete island that lets you turn rt or left. i have the yield.....i hit this island, so it appears, on my rt side....no witnesses.....i musta either put my rt leg down or it rammed into the curb or somehow the bike fell on it... either way, tibia and fibia broken just below the knee.....the rt side roll bars are not bent , but i do have the mod for the fronts......i was in no hurry and don't remember hav ing to yield to anyone....but i either had some gravel i didn't see or locked the rear up....either way, my bad....i haven't read the police report yet

If it's totaled it will have a salve title. Value depends a lot on the current market. Do some research on what other Ventures of that year are going for. KBB, Ebay, Cycle Trader, Etc. Copy the listings. Build your case.

Just went thru this in April with my 08 Tour Deluxe.Cosmetic damage only but Allstate totaled it out.They offered me almost $10,000 minus the $500.00 deductable so I got about $9400.Bike had 38000 mi some accessories.

Now I get to do it again with the 08 Venture only this time with a broken wrist.Again only cosmetic damage but they are talking total,but haven't made an offer yet.Only 3800 miles this time.I'll see what the buyback is,I may keep it and trike it since I can't keep them upright anymore:(

If you buy back you will get a salvage title.If you plan on keeping it not a big deal.If you have warrenty left you will loose that.Yamaha won't warrenty a salvage title.Good Luck and sorry to hear about the broken leg.BTW you will need to get a claim # from you bike insurance for your doctor/hospital and when your pip runs out you will need a letter from the insurance stating that either there was no pip for you or it is exhausted.Get a copy of your accident report asap as you will need it for insurance and for any supplemental you may have(Aflac or Colonial Life etc).Start pestering the hospital for a copy of your bill.My accident was June 23 and I just got that last Friday.

MY 07 RSV was insured for 11 g's plus another 3 in accessories. I sold it the first of June for 8500.00. It had 24,000 when I sold it with a lot of extras. I wanted it out of the garage to make room for my 08 Wing. I'm good with my selling price and the buyer got a good deal making me feel even better. I guess if I'd totaled it I could have gotten another 2500.00 but would have all that pain and bills. The wing is insured for 24,000 plus 3,000 for accessories, replacement value and costs me 360.00 a year 12 months of riding. just my .02

They should settrle for what it will cost you to purchase the exact same bike.

Salvage rights can be a good thing if you want to go thru the hassle of parting it out and listing the parts on fleabay. The motor/traqnsmission should bring between $500 to a $1000. A lot depends on what's left of the bike...

I don't know if the same rules apply to bikes as cars. I totaled a chevy pickup, and after we settled I decided to buy it back from the insurance company. Because the title never changed ownership I kept the same title and repaired what needed to be to drive it. I sold it 5 years later and the new owner recieved my clean non salvaged title. If I had let the insurance company have it, they would have issued a salvaged title.

thanks

from what i and a few other riders see, the frame, forks are not bent.....the inner/outer fairings are trashed as are the smaller tube structures inside the fairing......the rt lower fairing, saddle bag and lid, trunk lid, crash bars, need replacing...these items aren't bent or broken, just heavily scratched....even the windshield isn't broken, just scratched......the bike shows no power when turning key on......fuses and battery are good....so something is going on there......with all the wiring behind the fairing, hopefully something is just loose

my prob is do i buy the bike back, by all the parts.....only to find there is a frame/fork prob........i want to have some one ride it right now to confirm....but i can't.....

I know where I layed my RSTD down it surprised me on that the parts cost. Insurance adjuster had down $3750 for all dealer had down $4750. I told them to work it out. Dealer called yesterday and said they have it work out. He said part are order now. I told him good let me know when you have them all in and I will bring the bike in. But I can see where they total them out so easy. Those cost of those parts add up fast.

One thing I did do was take the bike out and get it up to some speed and took hands of handlebars and it stayed straight.

I'm have it done had Dryer Honda South and the service manager told me friday they was going to stamp some type of paper work for me. I guess some type of certification stamp. They want me to trade it in on a Goldwing. I just told them do me a good job and I will be back in a few year to buy a Wing.

After I was hit this year, the first insurance adjuster said $5407 for repairs for my 07 RSV. The second adjuster said $8595.88. I asked the dealer what the total number was. He told me it was in the mid 9's. I was a bit surprised to say the least since KBB has it retail for 10,375 in excellent condition. Could this be because I only have 13,000 mikes on it? I figure repairs will be even more due to neither the dealer or adjuster noticed the bent handle bar. They won't know about any frame damage till they get all the fairing and boxes off.

My 2005 ended up being calculated as worth a bit over 12000 with all the accessories and upgrades. They wanted over 4K for the buy back.

I have Progressive with accessory coverage. I was real pleased with the way their folks handled the claim, kept me informed of everything that was happening, etc. Now they are going after the insurance company for the person that caused the wreck.

Guest scarylarry

Local dealer offer me 8500k on my 09 RSV on trade for a new GW Friday...

I was laughing at him and all the way out the door

cecdoo

thanks...i was hoping someone possible could...and, of course someone who might know the bike well enough to possibly and quickly find out what the power problem is............ i live in new cumberland..near harrisburg....however, here is the latest status...

the ins. says they'll give me a check for $11,600...i think more than fair........and if i want, they'll give me a salvage price and let me buy back the bike......but if i do that, then i have a used bike with a salvage title, so resale goes down the drain, warranty goes out the door.....and depending on the salvage price, i could spend more on parts that the remainder of the check will cover...... and that's if nothing frame wise is bent......plus, they're picking up the bike on mon. ...so....i have little time to make choices...and too many unknowns.....so.....i think i'll let the ins have it......sad to get a bike where you want it and a screw up like this happens..........wish i could get my high output stator out and my "g" basket..........

gray ghost

i have progressive also.......they asked for accessories....looks like they did well by you........from what little info i could dig up.....they're offer seemed good..........i have no ammo to prove that their offer should be higher........

Guest scarylarry

Take the 11,600 and get a 2011 or wait till Sept. and see what yammy does, but I think I would stay away from the one you have since the warranty is out the door...

I think you made a wise choice to take the :mo money: and run!

Craig

Ya me too. I would try to found out about the where about of the bike afterward. Someone here might want to buy it or you could maybe buy it yourself, probably from an auction maybe.

I do not know exactly how that works.

Fuzzy