IGNORED

Tips needed for Ridng 2 up. Its a pain in my wifes.......

muaymendez1

I have been riding with my daughter for a while and heard some complaints about rear end soreness.

My wife cant take it and its stopping her from enjoying the ride with me. I plan on getting a new seat but have heard tips from my buddys to tap her when a large pot hole is in the path. this way she can raise her butt abit.

Ive been told to beef up the rear shock and change the fork oil.

Combined we are 520lbs and I think we are over the max but I dont bottom out although the dips andholes really shake the bike. Is weight loss the only option ?

Id like to hear from the big guys. Thin guys with dull humor need not respond .LOL Its like telling a short guy to grow taller in order to reach the ground better.

I have been riding with my daughter for a while and heard some complaints about rear end soreness.

My wife cant take it and its stopping her from enjoying the ride with me. I plan on getting a new seat but have heard tips from my buddys to tap her when a large pot hole is in the path. this way she can raise her butt abit.

Ive been told to beef up the rear shock and change the fork oil.

Combined we are 520lbs and I think we are over the max but I dont bottom out although the dips andholes really shake the bike. Is weight loss the only option ?

Id like to hear from the big guys. Thin guys with dull humor need not respond .LOL Its like telling a short guy to grow taller in order to reach the ground better.

I had a 96 RSTC and I tell you what there is no comparrison to the RSV or the RSTD one of them will make your wife very happy.

Joe :080402gudl_prv::080402gudl_prv:

There are not a lot of tips that can be offered here other than to buy a more comfortable bike. Yes, changing the seat on your current bike may help a little, but I doubt it will produce the results you want. I suspect you are way overloading an old bike. To even make it reasonable for what you want will take new shocks, updated fork springs, and better seats. And then it still won't be particularly good.

I suggest a Venture. The RSV is perhaps the most comfortable bike available for the passenger (just as good for the rider too); if you take your partner for a test ride on one, you may actually not be able to NOT buy it. You may not want a full blown touring bike, but you asked about passenger comfort, and that is the answer.

My spouse and I together are only about 400, but when we are riding two-up, we usually have the bike fully loaded too. The RSV is so comfortable for her she happily does 1,000+ mile days (four so far, the longest was 1,375 miles in 26 hours straight) without even getting off the bike at gas stops to stretch or rub her butt. I continually ask her when she wants to stop for the night, but when she is not sleeping she always replies she is just fine and happy to ride as long as I want to. Yes, you read that last sentence correctly, she regularly sleeps on the RSV. That's pretty comfortable.

Hope you find the right ride for both of you,

Goose

300 myself and when the wife rides along we are 500lbs, i had a a 96 rstc years ago, and i'm gunna hafta join the group here and point towards a rsv, the pillow tops will fit any year 99-2011 and i think they offer a big plus for the long haul. mike

I always interrupt the conversation to say 'bump' over the intercom. It seems it is a harsher ride back there.:think: She will then bace a bit for it.

The ultimate answer is a bike built for two up riding, of course it's easy to spend some one else's money.:stickpoke::mo money::mo money::mo money: