IGNORED

Kitchener area membets - Sylvania Silverstar Ultra

XV1100SE

I haven't seen stores that sell the Silverstar ULTRA in single packs and was thinking of replacing my headlight. Current stock headlight is almost invisible at night with the passing lights on.

Was wondering if anyone from the KW area bought the two pack and has a bulb to spare they'd like to sell.

Don

Silverstar Ultra is the same as the silverstar lights. The Ultra just indicates it's a 2 pack.

But like Brad pointed out. If you want to put light on the road, go with HID. I put HID on my 1st Gen and the difference is incredible. The difference the Silverstars make over standard halogen is barely noticeable and they don't last long, only about a year.

Price difference? One Silverstar from Canadian Tire is $26. I installed a car HID kit on my bike for $63 shipped from Ebay. This also gave me a spare HID bulb and ballest.

Edited by elag

Silverstar Ultra is the same as the silverstar lights. The Ultra just indicates it's a 2 pack.

But like Brad pointed out. If you want to put light on the road, go with HID. I put HID on my 1st Gen and the difference is incredible. The difference the Silverstars make over standard halogen is barely noticeable and they don't last long, only about a year.

Price difference? One Silverstar from Canadian Tire is $26. I installed a car HID kit on my bike for $63 shipped from Ebay. This also gave me a spare HID bulb and ballest.

That isn't what the packaging says.

They claim more light output for the "Ultras", and there is a price hike to match.

I too have searched in vain for a single bulb pack. Even Walmart wants about $47 for two.

They both (single Silverstar or Ultra) CLAIM this:

• Up to 35% brighter than standard halogen bulbs
  • Up to 30% more downroad visibility
  • Up to 35% more sideroad visibility

They try promote the 2 pack because they don't want anyone to see one Silverstar on a car to compare it to the other side. Believe me, I've tried them a few times (I gave it the benifit of the dought that I may have had a bad set). And they are a little bit whiter then standard bulbs but barely noticable.

They both (single Silverstar or Ultra) CLAIM this:

• Up to 35% brighter than standard halogen bulbs
  • Up to 30% more downroad visibility
  • Up to 35% more sideroad visibility

They try promote the 2 pack because they don't want anyone to see one Silverstar on a car to compare it to the other side. Believe me, I've tried them a few times (I gave it the benifit of the dought that I may have had a bad set). And they are a little bit whiter then standard bulbs but barely noticable.

As far as I was aware they were claiming 40% for the Ultra.

I'll take another look because the Silverstars are available in single packs.

Not selling them "Each" is just a marketing gimmick, and nothing to do with safety. If you change to them in a car, then "safety" actually dictates that you buy three!

Here is a link to their online chart it indicates a longer and wider beam from the Ultra. it also states the that the the color temp for the silverstar is 4000k were as for the ultra it is 4100k

http://assets.sylvania.com/assets/images/masters/Graphic-12-A-(POG-Comparision-CEE-LIGHT)-outlined%20c03463ba-a6ac-49fd-bd72-79482981014e.jpg

Edited by saddlebum

Here is a link to there online chart it indicates a longer and wider beam from the Ultra. it also states the that the the color temp for the silverstar is 4000k were as for the ultra it is 4100k

http://assets.sylvania.com/assets/images/masters/Graphic-12-A-(POG-Comparision-CEE-LIGHT)-outlined%20c03463ba-a6ac-49fd-bd72-79482981014e.jpg

That is a very useful chart.

Now ... to find those bulbs in single packs.

That is a very useful chart.

Now ... to find those bulbs in single packs.

I am inclined to think it is not possible since they probably figure if you are buying them your most likly upgrading, and driving a cage and so will just naturally require two. I found the same when I bought my PIAA's. It doesent bother me though because I figure having only one headlight it does not hurt to carry a spare, since even the best made products can fail at the most inconvenient time.

Don here is the link to the fellow in BC that was selling them. Interesting reading. He was easy to deal with, when I had a problem with a ballast. Sent a new one out, no charge. Was a bit of a pain switching out but it broke on the first stop, so that was good. No problems after that.

I believe them to be worth the money. I bought the 6000 colour, but just make sure you aim the headlight properly

Brad

http://canadiancruisercustomizing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=49

You just need to get another RSV to put it in, everyone should have two.

:lightbulb:

Funny with the light bulb !

As for a second RSV.... hmmmmm.... not a bad idea since the 2013/14 will be updated with the latest and greatest. If I had two of the Ultra bulbs and the new model took something other than an H4.... I wouldn't be able to buy the new model ! What would I do with the extra bulb?

Funny with the light bulb !

As for a second RSV.... hmmmmm.... not a bad idea since the 2013/14 will be updated with the latest and greatest. If I had two of the Ultra bulbs and the new model took something other than an H4.... I wouldn't be able to buy the new model ! What would I do with the extra bulb?

Don,

Sorry, can't help ya on this one to take the extra off your hands. Went to the PIA bulb about 2 years ago.