IGNORED

Trike MPG and Tire Wear

alwrmcusn

Correct me if I,m wrong and I know someone will, but isn't our fuel system a none recirculating system? Doesn't the pump just pump fuel to the carb bowels with no return to the tank? If so, then way can't you just tee into the fuel line at the tank petcock valve,install a valve, run the line to the aux tank. This way you can use the stock pump to draw from either tank. Just open one valve and close the other as needed.

Correct me if I,m wrong and I know someone will, but isn't our fuel system a none recirculating system? Doesn't the pump just pump fuel to the carb bowels with no return to the tank? If so, then way can't you just tee into the fuel line at the tank petcock valve,install a valve, run the line to the aux tank. This way you can use the stock pump to draw from either tank. Just open one valve and close the other as needed.

Yes you could do that but it's much easier to flip a switch rather than reaching down and fiddling with a pair of mechanical valves. When on the slabs doing 70 and you run out on one tank the time it takes to switch valves could really reduce your speed a lot causing someone to run up on you. Flipping a switch is much easier and faster.

Just my thoughts here is all.

Larry

Yes you could do that but it's much easier to flip a switch rather than reaching down and fiddling with a pair of mechanical valves. When on the slabs doing 70 and you run out on one tank the time it takes to switch valves could really reduce your speed a lot causing someone to run up on you. Flipping a switch is much easier and faster.

Just my thoughts here is all.

Larry

Good point. Are you going to post a how to on you set up?

Good point. Are you going to post a how to on you set up?

Soon as I get some time to make the drawings and do the write up I'll put up a new post.

However if you're in need of the info right away I'll send some info to you sooner rather than later.

Larry

Cougar.. I'M WITH YOU! A nice full ready to install kit.... That's waht we need.

Seriously, ... Larry, I think we will all be waiting with baited breath for the write up. I looked around and found some tanks but was not happy with my research. Nothing pressing right now but your setup is more in line with what I would want if I sepnt the time to add an aux tank. Sounds like a nice addition!

pa_don