IGNORED

highway pegs

islandmech

I am thinking of adding highway pegs to my 86 VR. Just wondering what folks have used for these bikes. The fairings are kind of in the way to stick my legs past but it would be nice to stretch out on the long rides. Pictures?

Thanks, Gary

Just did a search and found most of the info.....

Edited by islandmech
duh!

I was thinking of trying to use a set of passenger floor boards instead of pegs. They would be forward and out from the driver floor boards. Any ideas, comments?:lightbulb:

I'm running offset highway boards on mine, had them in classified for about a year with no takers so I put them back on the bike (but we can talk). First thought on plain pegs is that they will point slightly forward unless you attach them on the vertical support of the engine guard which means you will be partially blocked by the guard itself and only the outside half will be available for your feet. Using the "longhorn" style pegs or boards will give you full use of the pegs and allow you to angle them in slightly to make your feet meet them more squarely. I like the boards on mine for long hauls, just not in the mountains and they kinda get in the way with the sidecar. I have not had issues with them scrapping but I am not an aggressive driver.

Pay me the right price and I'll take mine of (they look pretty much like new) and send them to you. :whistling::sun:

I'm running offset highway boards on mine, had them in classified for about a year with no takers so I put them back on the bike (but we can talk). First thought on plain pegs is that they will point slightly forward unless you attach them on the vertical support of the engine guard which means you will be partially blocked by the guard itself and only the outside half will be available for your feet. Using the "longhorn" style pegs or boards will give you full use of the pegs and allow you to angle them in slightly to make your feet meet them more squarely. I like the boards on mine for long hauls, just not in the mountains and they kinda get in the way with the sidecar. I have not had issues with them scrapping but I am not an aggressive driver.

Pay me the right price and I'll take mine of (they look pretty much like new) and send them to you. :whistling::sun:

Got pix of that? Sounds interesting. Both on the bike and detail would be wonderful!

Got pix of that? Sounds interesting. Both on the bike and detail would be wonderful!

Send me your e-mail, just got a new phone today and have to try to figure out if the Droid platform can sync with Windows 7.