IGNORED

House for sale!

Guest BluesLover

Guest BluesLover

This has nothing to do with motorbikes, but I thought it may be of interest to some of you who are not familiar with the city of Toronto, Canada.

This is a real ad - you can check out the link to get to the actual real estate listing.

Toronto’s Smallest House is Up for Sale!

If....

• You live alone or with one other person (or an extremely small dog!!!)
  • You don’t have much stuff (barely more than a homeless person!!)
  • You miss that cute little apartment you lived in while teaching English in Japan

…then this is the place for you!

cid:000601c838fe$94c5d1a0$0a02a8c0@Rays

This house, located near the intersection of Dufferin Street and Rogers Road is believed to be Toronto’s smallest house. Occupying what used to be a driveway, it’s a one-bedroom, one-bathroom house that sits on a parcel of land 7.25 feet (2.2 metres) wide and 113.67 feet (34.6 metres) long and has an interior area of just under 300 square feet (under 28 square metres). The asking price is $179,900.!!!!

Here’s another look at the front:

cid:000701c838fe$94c5d1a0$0a02a8c0@Rays

Here’s the living room, looking towards the front of the house:

cid:000801c838fe$94c5d1a0$0a02a8c0@Rays

Here’s the living room again, looking towards the back…

cid:000901c838fe$94c5d1a0$0a02a8c0@Rays

Here’s the kitchen. Note that despite the small space, they’ve managed to fit a washer and dryer into the place:

cid:000a01c838fe$94c5d1a0$0a02a8c0@Rays

Here’s the bedroom. It comes with a Murphy bed, which is a necessity in such a space. This is what it looks like with the Murphy bed down:

cid:000b01c838fe$94c5d1a0$0a02a8c0@Rays

…and here’s the bedroom with the Murphy bed retracted:

cid:000c01c838fe$94c5d1a0$0a02a8c0@Rays

You also get some patio space out back. Here it is, looking towards the front of the house…

cid:000d01c838fe$94c5d1a0$0a02a8c0@Rays

…and here it is looking towards the back:

cid:000e01c838fe$94c5d1a0$0a02a8c0@Rays

Here are the house’s listed features:

• “Completely Re-Done Top-To-Bottom, Front-To-Back!”
  • Tumbled stone entrance walk
  • Renovated Bath
  • Renovated kitchen with newer stove, new cabinets and new stacked washer/dryer
  • Bedroom with Murphy bed + “Built-Ins” — doubles as den!
  • Walk-out to fenced patio
  • 100-amp service
  • 2 satellite dishes and receiver
  • “Window A/C Available

Guest BluesLover
i hope that is US dollars not CAN. dollars !!! :stirthepot:

Right now Thom, they're just about even, so call it whichever way you like, it's WAY expensive to live in Toronto (glad I don't!).

Cheers,

Hey Blues,, THAT is way cool.. Honestly I like it.. Only thing I dont understand is the price.. Are the houses putting the squeeze on the little guy 50,000,000.00 dollar homes and up? Is there something besides location that is giving the market agency some idea that the little guy is worth that - like,, ummmmm,, at one time Queen Elizebeth lived there...

Guest BluesLover
Is there something besides location that is giving the market agency some idea that the little guy is worth that - like,, ummmmm,, at one time Queen Elizebeth lived there...
In Toronto it's simply the laws of supply and demand. It has always been expensive, but it is getting worse.

It can't grow south (Lake Ontario) and can't grow east/west (already done) and it can't really grow north (legislation passed about needing to keep a greenspace), so it can only grow up (more and sky-rises), or drive the prices of existing places up.

This guy was pretty smart though ... took his driveway/walkway that was probably not even being used and turned it into a $180K investment. The ad does claim that there is parking for 2 cars ... where, other than out on the street itself is beyond me!!!

Cheers,