IGNORED

Large Print Atlas

Yammer Dan

I have a Universal Large Print Atlas that I've had for a few years. 2001 edition. Usually carry it along on trips just because it is so easy to look at and I don't trust Amanda (Tom Tom). I've gotten this one pretty ragged. Newest one I can find from Universal is a 2002. Is there a newer one with big maps like this. Easy to read and you don't spend all day looking for things.

When coming home from Freebird'd MD, we were kind of in the middle of nowhere on secondary roads and came to a small town that had a McDonalds. That was a good enough excuse to go in and cool off and get an ice cream. It was also nice that they had wifi and I took in my laptop and looked a little closer at where we were and where we wanted to go.

RandyA

Between "Gypsy", my Magellan GPS and Mapquest, I don't think much about looking at an Atlas anymore. And, they take up a lot of room in an early 1st gen.

RandyA

When coming home from Freebird'd MD, we were kind of in the middle of nowhere on secondary roads and came to a small town that had a McDonalds. That was a good enough excuse to go in and cool off and get an ice cream. It was also nice that they had wifi and I took in my laptop and looked a little closer at where we were and where we wanted to go.

RandyA

Ok now I am confussed, no room for a Atlas but you carry a Laptop?:stirthepot:

Who do you have your insurance with? I have my car/truck insurance with State Farm, They have a rather large atlas....I get one every couple of years, but usually you have to ask for one. Check them out.

Later, Melvin

Who do you have your insurance with? I have my car/truck insurance with State Farm, They have a rather large atlas....I get one every couple of years, but usually you have to ask for one. Check them out.

Later, Melvin

What he said !!

Up until last year I barely used a GPS, especially driving charter bus. But the more I use it the more I rely on it. Just got back from a trip to Houston and had to travel to various locations around the city. And I do NOT know Houston. With the addresses of the destinations placed in the GPS I followed it like a bloodhound, and it always got me to where I wanted to go. But I just can't get out of the habit of carrying my free State Farm Atlas. Haven't put a GPS on the Victory yet, but soon !!

Even with a Dum Dum, I still carry my truckers atlas on the bike. It's spiral wound and laminated, you never know when dum dum will decide that it wants to die and that can make for an interesting run if you have no clue where your at

:yikes:

Hah!

Dum Dum... Good one!

Some people "like my ex brother in law" get so hooked on those GPS's that common sense just goes out the window.

We passed our destination motel on the left, hence it would have been prudent to just make a left turn and go back .. half a block or less...

but ...

Dum Dum had us making a series of right then straight for 2 blocks then right for 1 mile then right for 3/4 mile then left to motel.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!:bang head:

To be fair though, they do come in handy on the interstates around cities, telling you what lane to get into...

I mistakenly set mine for "shortest distance" instead of "fastest route" (I have a cheap model LG)

Instead of staying on the highway, it wanted me to cut corners by going thru residential surveys!....shorter distance....MUCH longer time.

I mistakenly set mine for "shortest distance" instead of "fastest route" (I have a cheap model LG)

Instead of staying on the highway, it wanted me to cut corners by going thru residential surveys!....shorter distance....MUCH longer time.

I did that with mine coming home frem Va and wound up going straight over Cromers Rock in Va. The RSV does surpringly well on two track dirt roads I found out.

Even with a Dum Dum, I still carry my truckers atlas on the bike. It's spiral wound and laminated, you never know when dum dum will decide that it wants to die and that can make for an interesting run if you have no clue where your at

:yikes:

And when could I ever claim I had a clue where I was at???:innocent: :think: :whistling:

I also use a big truckers map, keep it rolled up in a cardboard tube. it's worn over the years but in good shape.

shamue

Hah!

Dum Dum... Good one!

Some people "like my ex brother in law" get so hooked on those GPS's that common sense just goes out the window.

We passed our destination motel on the left, hence it would have been prudent to just make a left turn and go back .. half a block or less...

but ...

Dum Dum had us making a series of right then straight for 2 blocks then right for 1 mile then right for 3/4 mile then left to motel.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!:bang head:

To be fair though, they do come in handy on the interstates around cities, telling you what lane to get into...