Anyone have any experience with the Barron's Big Air kit.

Just bought a 05 RSTD and would like to blow the doors off the neighbors HD's.

Six neighbors, three have custom upgrade HD's. But nothing touches my RSTD.

Any infor helps

Viragofan.

Anyone have any experience with the Barron's Big Air kit.

Just bought a 05 RSTD and would like to blow the doors off the neighbors HD's.

Six neighbors, three have custom upgrade HD's. But nothing touches my RSTD.

Any infor helps

Viragofan.

Just fill your fuel tank and ride with em til they stop. Then help them pick up all the loose parts...

Oh Damn, that was my outdoor voice, wasn't it.

If you want some easy cheap bolt on performance, get a Dana 3000 ignition and raise the rev limiter up to 7500 rpms and put a Vmax rearend in it. Seat of your pants it will run like hell and in a relatively stock configuration eat most HD's

1st off if you just bought your TD have you wound it against the rev limiter in 1st,(46MPH) 2nd(66MPH) and 3rd(96MPH)? These V4s are a different beast and need the rpm to really perform. Ridden correctly, "right outa the box", this bike will "do in" most Hardleys. Yeah they will jump you off the line, but for the most part by the time you are 1/2 way 3rd they will be a ways back in your rear view mirrors!!! :cool10: :stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

but how much work is the V-max rearend?

Thanks

If you get the complete assembly I think its as simple as remove the rear wheel, remove 4 bolts holding the Differential assembly on, The drive shaft comes out with it, good time to lube the splines, Switch shaft to the Vmax rear end, re-install and use rear axle by itself to align before tightening the 4 bolts where it mounts to the swing arm. In some cases a shim by be necessary where it bolts to the swing arm. Remove axle, lube the pins, reinstall the rear wheel. I think most people are awapping out assemblies. I haven't done it but this is my undertstanding of what is involved. If I missed anything or made some mistakes I'm sure someone will correct it. I think over all its a pretty simple swap.

RSTDdog

• 2 weeks later...

Dyna will be good even without the Vmax rear end, just shift later. No Idea why Yamaha deleted the most important 1000 RPM's from the stock setup but shifting a stock geared RSV at 7000 is a hoot. The engine does out of gas above 7000 so the 7500 RPM limit most folks use is just so you can keep it in the power band. I find shifting at 7000-7200 is ideal. Any more RPM's is just stressing the motor needlessly.

I plan to do the VMAX rear this winter on the RSV. This will help off the line performance.

My 1st Gen has a Vmax rear and I have yet to have a harley come close. Really pisses em off :stirthepot: my 23 year old $2000 beater smokes their $20,000 rides in comfort:rotf::rotf::rotf:.

BTW 1st Gens ARE noticeably faster. They don't run out of power at top end (35mm vs 32MM carbs?) and will easily spin past 8000 RPM (and dangerously float valves?) in lower gears if you aren't careful.

Full disclosure, my neighbors 95" Stage 3 did beat my 1st Gen when I first got it but just barely. Then I found I was only running on 3 cylinders. He hasn't asked for a rematch.