IGNORED

I was stalked..............

DragonRider

I received a phone call the other day from a young lady. She was given my phone number by a mutual friend, who referred her to me because I own a Venture. She and her boyfriend just bought a 1988 Venture Royale about 3 weeks ago and while out riding it the clutch went out. She wanted to know if there was anything I could do to help them get it working again. Today I went over to their house and was shocked to find a showroom condition 1988 Royale. It was absolutely beautiful. It only had 9700 miles on it when they bought it, not a scratch on it, and it had all the chrome you could put on it. After drooling over it for about 20 minutes we finally got down to looking at the clutch, and it looked like it still had the original fluid in it, so I proceeded to flush out the old fluid with new and bleed it and had it back working in about 30 minutes. He said it was even smoother than before. I finally asked him how much he paid for it and was shocked when he told me $2500.00. I nearly fell over. It had brand new E3's on it and ran pretty good but I suggested he run some Seafoam through it and it would be much better. They wanted to pay me for doing it, but I told them I was just paying it forward for all the help I have had from certain members here who have helped me out and also told them about VR, so we should see them on here very soon and they will likely be coming to Vogel. I told him he would meet some great people there and could also get his carbs synced while there. His name is Jerry and he is a Federal Prison Correctional Officer, so he will fit in here nicely. Its also nice to have another Venture owner close by to ride with. So please make him welcome when he comes on board.

Thanks for all you do for everyone, Lewis. Youre one of the good ones.

We do seem to have way more than our share of great,caring and sharing people on this forum, and its people like Lewis that help set the tone for the whole VRO forum. :thumbsup2: :clap2:

We do seem to have way more than our share of great,caring and sharing people on this forum, and its people like Lewis that help set the tone for the whole VRO forum. :thumbsup2: :clap2:

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

But all I am really doing is paying forward to a new Venture owner wheat was done for me by a couple of special VR members, namely Muffinman and Dokin.........they saved my bike for me when I was ready to get rid of it............We have many members on here that do the same thing all the time...........to name a few Squidley, Freebird, Vgoose, 86er,BongoBobny, and those are just a few of the names that come to this old feeble memory of mine. Just be sure to make them feel at home, like we always do, making the family a little bit bigger.

This is a great forum.I always see a guy pull into my condo complex with the same colour first gen as mine.Never met the guy. I walked over to it today and noticed he had a black rear fender.I wrote him a message on one of my business cards with my number and told him I had a spare gold rear fender if he needs its.I will let you know if he gets my message.

We are alot of caring people here.I am proud to be apart of this forum.:bighug:

Eck with a name as different as yours, it is one I should not have forgotten, If anything I try to do what you would do, I guess you could say you are my mentor, you have been there many times for me and many, many others......we should all model ourselves after you my friend.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

We need more people like you in this world Lewis...it sure would be a better place to live.

Thanks for all you do..!! :thumbsup2:

Edited by DragonRider