IGNORED

Sea Foam

TopV

How many products have you bought that do EXACTLY what they claim they will do?

And more.........

The old Sea Foam can don't have much company on that shelf.

While you are shopping for the Sea Foam grab a can of Deep Creep. Also made by the folks at Sea Foam.

Both great products.

Check a Wally World if you can. They usually beat the parts houses by a buck or two on price.

Folks have sung the praises of sea foam here many times....but what is Deep Creep?

According to the Sea Foam / Deep Creep site, it does a very good job of penetrating through rust, tar, oil, etc. and uses a non-flammable propellant so that you can use it around items heated with a torch without turning yourself into a certain member of Marvel Comics' Fantastic Four.

As for Sea Foam, a member of another bike forum I belong to, had occasion to pull a float bowl off a recently purchased bike's carbs because it was running poorly. It was full of crud and as he didn't have the time to pull the carbs off and clean them, he ran a couple of tankfuls of gas with Sea Foam through them. When he later pulled the carbs off and disassembled them, everything inside was clean and all that was required were a few adjustments. I recently bought a very low mileage Altima that had only run 94,000 KM in 10 years (about 59,000 mi.) and had spent a lot of time running at low speeds or just sitting. It was running poorly so I ran through 3/4 of a tank of gas with Sea Foam in it and it now runs quite nicely. Some people have criticized Sea Foam as "snake oil" but it my experience, it has done a great job.

Oh...almost forgot...Sea Foam also works as a gasoline stabilizer in case your bike (or whatever) is stored for a while and it "dries" out gas which is nice if you're in an area that has a lot of alcohol in the gas. Alcohol loves to attract water.

Andy

Being in the autobody trade, I have had a lot of vendors pitch their penetrating oils to me. Deep Creep is a keeper. We have an old Blackhawk floor jack with the oil holes in the wheels, not zerk fittings (yeah, it's that old). We always kept it oiled but it still was a pain to drag around. Shot some Deep Creep in the wheels and stuck it out in the parking lot. Brenda asked me what that sound was.....It was the floor jack rolling across our parking lot and headed for the highway. Could not believe it worked that well.

OK guys i found the sea foam ot wal-mart at $8;50 a can. now question is do i use one ounce per gal or the entire can per tank full? it say for 6 to 25 gal in one place and one ounce per in another. What do you recommend?

Joe

If it's already running good, use 1 or 2 ounces to every 3rd or 4th tank (for maintenance).

Or if your bike sits, some each tank is okay.

If it is running poor, then use at least half a can first tank and burn it through (shock treatment). Then, once running good, to back to "maintenance".

Mike G in SC

Oops, sorry for the repeat Brian, you beat me by seconds.

Edited by Mike G in SC
slow on the draw