IGNORED

MD meet in Louisiana

kbran

Well, we are in Hammond. What started as a 7 hour trip took closer to eleven. We were stuck in traffic in LaFayette, Baton Rouge and most of I12 to Hammond.

:250:Got soaked twice. The last time was in bumper to bumper traffic about 10 miles west of Hammond all the way to I55. Called it a night there.

See ya in the morning..

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after two days of the most efffing screwups, bad luck, and general all around bull s**t :bang head:, I made it to my SECOND hotel [b.Western Northpark?] in Covington about 4:30 this am. Rm 134 if someone wants to join up with me for the trip to Kenny's. I've set the alarm for 9 unless I wake up before then so I'll be getting to the shindig a lil later than I would like. It is a very LONG story which I will give all the dumb details on when I make it to Kenny's. One thing I will say, the Mustang seat on that bike was and is worth every penny Terry paid for it!!:mo money:

C Ya later!!

We drove strait through to Kenny and Beths last night. Got here at about 2:30 this morning and I'm already tearing MY, yes I said MY bike apart (I know it sounds fishy, but it's true) Looking forward to seeing folks when they get here, have a safe trip to those that are on the pavement!

Well , we are in the second day of an extended week end MD and haveing a ball with this group that showed up. Had about 15 folks yesterday and most crashed here at the house on air matts and tents. Got a lot of work done yesterday. Met a few new people from Mississippi, and had a suprise couple and their daugter show up from Canada. Yes BratT and Rhonda came down to join in the fun and we kept it a secret so those who were here had a good suprise. Pics to follow, to busy now.

see ya later

Great Maint Day! Tire changes, carb synch's, misc. repairs, even Squid got to work on his own bike!

[ATTACH]58159[/ATTACH][ATTACH]58162[/ATTACH][ATTACH]58163[/ATTACH][ATTACH]58164[/ATTACH][ATTACH]58165[/ATTACH][ATTACH]58166[/ATTACH][ATTACH]58167[/ATTACH][ATTACH]58168[/ATTACH]

Just got in, safe, sound and un-rained on(hot as it was definitely cannot say DRY!)

Wonderful week end!!!

Kenny and Beth, you throw a heck of a party!!!:thumbsup2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

May have had a pygmy sto-a-way! :yikes:

Think he fell off just as we got into Richland, and we may have run over him. Back end of the bike feel "squirley" all of a sudden. Hope he didn't poke a hole in the tire. I'll look tomorrow... :confused24:

hi kenny& beth as always ya'll did a great job of hosting this venturerider day

i can now safely let the cat out of the bag. hay brad & lonna i known for a while that brad-t & rhonda were coming to this little get together. would have loved to have seen ya'lls faces. but thanks to ponch & walter for the pictures. it was great to see old friends again and to see the new folks. everyone be safe on the way home, we will meet some where on the road.

reguards

don c.

Just an update...

WOW! What a Weekend!!!

Had an awesome time, as usual, with Kenny, Beth and the bretheren. Lonna said she had an idea about Brad and Rhonda coming down, but I had been so busy I never really gave it a thought. It was a great surprise and I really want to thank all 3 of them for coming down, makes the homesickness for our northern friends a little easier to deal with.

Lots of work got done, I will start putting the plastic back on the '86 this week and start riding it. Did a lot of work to it and changed all fluids and fork seals/progressive springs. It was nice having an extra long weekend to be able to stay that extra day. Thanks to all who came and made it a very memorable time, even got to meet a couple new to me members. Of course no good deed goes unpunished, made it home with zero traffic issues, only to walk into a house that was 100 degrees

:doh: AC decided to stop working! That pretty much sucked and ended up running around at 8pm buying some box fans to try and cool the house down. AC guy will be out this afternoon and charge up the freon and clean the system :banana: I'll try to get some pics up in a few days, Thanks again to our Bogalusa hosts, you 2 ROCK!!! :thumbsup2:

Just an update...

WOW! What a Weekend!!!

Had an awesome time, as usual, with Kenny, Beth and the bretheren. Lonna said she had an idea about Brad and Rhonda coming down, but I had been so busy I never really gave it a thought. It was a great surprise and I really want to thank all 3 of them for coming down, makes the homesickness for our northern friends a little easier to deal with.

Lots of work got done, I will start putting the plastic back on the '86 this week and start riding it. Did a lot of work to it and changed all fluids and fork seals/progressive springs. It was nice having an extra long weekend to be able to stay that extra day. Thanks to all who came and made it a very memorable time, even got to meet a couple new to me members. Of course no good deed goes unpunished, made it home with zero traffic issues, only to walk into a house that was 100 degrees

:doh: AC decided to stop working! That pretty much sucked and ended up running around at 8pm buying some box fans to try and cool the house down. AC guy will be out this afternoon and charge up the freon and clean the system :banana: I'll try to get some pics up in a few days, Thanks again to our Bogalusa hosts, you 2 ROCK!!! :thumbsup2:

My AC is crapping out again but only in 80's here. Coming to charge it Thur.

What a great time this weekend. If I counted right we had 17 in attendance. BradT and NaughT came down with their daughter Brooke and also met a few local folks. Thanks seabeetom, starrider60 and jvbailey and his lovely wife for comming by, it was truly a pleasure haveing you. Was great to see all the regulars as well. Haven't been able to get online, been so busy. The Canadians just left this morning and we had the pleasure of showing them a little of Louisiana in the short time they were here. Took um on a swamp tour Monday and to New Orleans yesterday, pics to follow. Here is a link to my photos

http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m232/kebranton/MD%204th%20july2011/

Edited by kbran

Kenny, the link just took me to the sign up page.....:confused07:

What a great time this weekend. If I counted right we had 17 in attendance. BradT and NaughT came down with their daughter Brooke and also met a few local folks. Thanks seabeetom, starrider60 and jvbailey and his lovely wife for comming by, it was truly a pleasure haveing you. Was great to see all the regulars as well. Haven't been able to get online, been so busy. The Canadians just left this morning and we had the pleasure of showing them a little of Louisiana in the short time they were here. Took um on a swamp tour Monday and to New Orleans yesterday, pics to follow. Here is a link to my photos

http://s105.photobucket.com/upload/albums/kebranton/?location=MD+4th+july2011

Hey Guys,

Hated we missed it but as some of you know we went on vacation to Idaho City, just NE of Boise, Idaho. We left on Friday July 1 @ 5 in the morning and arrived on the 4th of July @ 4 in the afternoon. Had a good ride everything went well. Only problem that I had was pretty poor gas mileage. Only got 19.4. There is the two of us and I am towing a trailer but that is pretty sad milege still. Guess I will be looking at that later. Running good plenty of power???? Thats all for now heading back to Texas on Sunday the 10th. Looks like you all had a good time. Thanks for the pictures Ponch. Brenda your bike looks pretty cool.

Hal n Val :12101::322:

Now if he does CupCakes Hair, we may have a problem!! LOL

If that happened, I think I could be rich very quickly.

We are on the way home and just wanted to say thanks to Kenny and Beth we had a great time and it was very nice to soend some time with some of the southern folk.

Brad

http://s105.photobucket.com/upload/albums/kebranton/?location=MD+4th+july2011

Try this link.

http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m232/kebranton/MD%204th%20july2011/?albumview=slideshow