IGNORED

MD meet in Louisiana

kbran

Gonna have a little get together on 4th of July weekend at my house. BoomerCPO has a couple tires to change and squid and sweetnothing will be comming. Anyone that doesn't have plans on the 2nd of July is welcome to come on over. Beth said she plans on haveing BQ.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenny, that sounds good, we`ll have to see whats going on, as stands, we have some Family matters that need to be taken care of first. Thanks for the invite!! and we`ll let ya`ll know.

Kreg

Gonna have a little get together on 4th of July weekend at my house. BoomerCPO has a couple tires to change and squid and sweetnothing will be comming. Anyone that doesn't have plans on the 2nd of July is welcome to come on over. Beth said she plans on haveing BQ.

Boomer???? Tires???? I can help!!!! :happy34:

Kenny, that sounds good, we`ll have to see whats going on, as stands, we have some Family matters that need to be taken care of first. Thanks for the invite!! and we`ll let ya`ll know.

Kreg

Hope you can make it.

Boomer???? Tires???? I can help!!!! :happy34:

I know he would appreciate it:whistling::rotf:

Not this mess again:bang head:

Better have him bring some new valve stems:doh::stickpoke:

We want be fooling with his valves. Besides I bought an extra one:rasberry:

Would be nice to meet some local Venture riders. Not sure what our schedule is:confused24:, but will try. May have to come in our cage though. Just had knee surgery and not sure if will be able to ride by then.:depressed:

If you wouldn't mind sending me a PM to give me an address, so if we are able to go, I would know where. I don't mind getting lost, but sometimes it is nice to have a destination - lol

Would be good to see Gunboat again too!

Joe

hi kenny & beth

wish we could be there but with the days off i've had to take from the pronstate cancer operation. i've have had to use all my spare/extra days off to keep a pay check coming in. would love to see you all again but maybe next year.

best reguards

don c.:95:

This could get interesting. I'll be up in Illinois the week before this picking up the "new" Beastie and WAS planning on heading home on the 1st. Seems like I could make one heck of a detour and join the party on my new wheels. Certainly wouldn't hurt to get it checked out by all and sundry not to mention getting to ride back home with the Houston crowd.

Address for my GPS would be much appreciated so I can figure out if this will work or not. I'll definitely have to change my currently planned route home not to mention possibly leave the Mum's a day or so earlier but we will see what can be done!!

Sent you both a pm:thumbsup2:

Hope you can make it.

This could get interesting. I'll be up in Illinois the week before this picking up the "new" Beastie and WAS planning on heading home on the 1st. Seems like I could make one heck of a detour and join the party on my new wheels. Certainly wouldn't hurt to get it checked out by all and sundry not to mention getting to ride back home with the Houston crowd.

Address for my GPS would be much appreciated so I can figure out if this will work or not. I'll definitely have to change my currently planned route home not to mention possibly leave the Mum's a day or so earlier but we will see what can be done!!

Would be nice to meet some local Venture riders. Not sure what our schedule is:confused24:, but will try. May have to come in our cage though. Just had knee surgery and not sure if will be able to ride by then.:depressed:

If you wouldn't mind sending me a PM to give me an address, so if we are able to go, I would know where. I don't mind getting lost, but sometimes it is nice to have a destination - lol

Would be good to see Gunboat again too!

Joe

hi kenny & beth

wish we could be there but with the days off i've had to take from the pronstate cancer operation. i've have had to use all my spare/extra days off to keep a pay check coming in. would love to see you all again but maybe next year.

best reguards

don c.:95:

Wish you could, will miss seeing you but I understand. Take care of yourself my freind.

Ok heads up. There is a slight change of plans for MD in Louisiana. Nothing bad just adding a day to it. We will also be available for Sunday as well as Saturday. Sunday will probably be more of a BS session meet and eat. If you would like to stay the whole weekend you are more than welcome. We have plenty of camping space and it is looking like a good turnout, so come on over.

Kenny,

A group of us came through your neck of the woods yesterday and stopped at Duval's for lunch. We were returning to Gulfport from ST Francesville and the annual re-enactment of 'The Day the War Stopped'. We've got the annual 'Fishing Rodeo' going on here the weekend of the 4 July, but we will make plans to give the fish a break and come to your place on the 2nd. Pls send PM with your GPS coordinates and address. I hope to get some help tuning the carbs. Will bring my Morgan kit if someone there will show me how to use it.

C U then.

Tommie T.

Ok heads up. There is a slight change of plans for MD in Louisiana. Nothing bad just adding a day to it. We will also be available for Sunday as well as Saturday. Sunday will probably be more of a BS session meet and eat. If you would like to stay the whole weekend you are more than welcome. We have plenty of camping space and it is looking like a good turnout, so come on over.

RATS!! IF I make it down, I probably won't be able to stay for Sunday. Yours truly is supposed :scratchchin: to be back at work on Sunday night and with a 7+ hr drive to get home, I'd be able to stay for breakfast with the gang and then I'd have to head out. Oh Fun!!

I'm presently checking into stops for the trip down. If I knew the bike, I could come close to doing this non-stop. But as I'm basically doing it "cold turkey", I'm looking at stopping about 4-5 hours out from Decatur, Il. and then finishing the trip the next day. I'm also looking at doing it on the interstate the entire way which would entail me taking a small detour thru Champaign,Il., my home town. Who knows, I might get one of the cousins to buy me dinner!

Kenny, any suggestions for a nice inexpensive motel in B.?? I can't seem to find anything online that isn't at least 25+ miles away with most of them seeming to be in Hattiesburg!

RATS!! IF I make it down, I probably won't be able to stay for Sunday. Yours truly is supposed :scratchchin: to be back at work on Sunday night and with a 7+ hr drive to get home, I'd be able to stay for breakfast with the gang and then I'd have to head out. Oh Fun!!

I'm presently checking into stops for the trip down. If I knew the bike, I could come close to doing this non-stop. But as I'm basically doing it "cold turkey", I'm looking at stopping about 4-5 hours out from Decatur, Il. and then finishing the trip the next day. I'm also looking at doing it on the interstate the entire way which would entail me taking a small detour thru Champaign,Il., my home town. Who knows, I might get one of the cousins to buy me dinner!

Kenny, any suggestions for a nice inexpensive motel in B.?? I can't seem to find anything online that isn't at least 25+ miles away with most of them seeming to be in Hattiesburg!

Kenny,

I just ordered a front tire and am having it shipped to your house.

Is the Traveler's Rest Motel still a viable place to stay, Sat. Night?

Looks like gonna be a good turn out!!! :)

That's about the only one I would suggest. I don't know if any are imune to drug taffic in Bogalusa. We just don't have any nice hotels in Bogalusa. The nearest place with major hotels is Covington, La. about 35 miles away. We are going to try and house as many here as we can, will have some air mattresses and there is plenty of camping space.

Here is the info for Travelers Rest

Travler's Rest Motel

1730 Sullivan Dr.

Bogalusa, La. 70427

Phone 985-735-7772

That's about the only one I would suggest. I don't know if any are imune to drug taffic in Bogalusa. We just don't have any nice hotels in Bogalusa. The nearest place with major hotels is Covington, La. about 35 miles away. We are going to try and house as many here as we can, will have some air mattresses and there is plenty of camping space.

Here is the info for Travelers Rest

Travler's Rest Motel

1730 Sullivan Dr.

Bogalusa, La. 70427

Phone 985-735-7772

We may take our chances with a corner of the living room floor. Motels don't look that inviting.

Oh and deltaladyrider may be tagging along with us...