IGNORED

Whats up with "some" Harley riders

royalstar09

It's not just the imports that don't get the wave. Last weekend we flew out to Vegas and rented an Electraglide. Still got snubbed by other harley riders. Lots of friendly waves from everyone else though. Although I was irritated by the too cool harley riders I was pleasantly surpeised how much I liked the bike.

Yesterday I was out riding my RSV MM and a Harley rider pulled up at a traffic light where I was stopped. He said my bike had "Class"!!!!! :cool10:

Had to console him and tell him he had a nice bike, too!!!! :confused24:

:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Steve

How about this? They are going thru an intersection, one of the most dangerous places on the road. Maybe, and just maybe, they were concentrating on cagers, pedestrian type folks,small dogs and God knows what else, never mind anything else I look for in these situations. I think I would give them the benefit of the doubt. And excuse me if I don't wave while ridng thru an interseciton. It only takes one bike in front of you that has to make a emergency manuvere to send the other 10 bikes behind you into chaos.

+1:7_6_3[1]:

This should explain it all...As reposted from another thread on here.

Top Ten Reasons Why Harley Riders Don't Wave Back

10. Afraid it will invalidate warranty.

9. Leather and studs make it too heavy to raise arm.

8. Refuse to wave to anyone whose bike is already paid for.

7. Afraid to let go of handlebars because they might vibrate off.

6. Rushing wind would blow scabs off the new tattoos.

5. Angry because just took out second mortgage to pay luxury tax on new Harley.

4. Just discovered the fine print in owner's manual and realized H-D is partially owned by Honda.

3. Can't tell if other riders are waving or just reaching to cover their ears like everyone else.

2. Remembers the last time a Harley rider waved back, he impaled his hand on spiked helmet.

1. They're too tired from spending hours polishing all that chrome to lift their arms.

Top Ten Reasons Why Gold Wing Riders Don't Wave Back

10. Wasn't sure whether other rider was waving or making an obscene gesture.

9. Afraid might get frostbite if hand is removed from heated grip.

8. Has arthritis and the past 400 miles have made it difficult to raise arm.

7. Reflection from etched windshield momentarily blinded him.

6. The espresso machine just finished.

5. Was actually asleep when other rider waved.

4. Was in a three-way conference call with stockbroker and accessories dealer.

3. Was distracted by odd shaped blip on radar screen.

2. Was simultaneously adjusting the air suspension, seat height, programmable CD player, seat temperature and satellite navigation system.

1. Couldn't find the "auto wave back" button on dashboard.

Top 10 Reasons Sport bikers Don't Wave:

10. They have not been riding long enough to know they're supposed to.

9. They're going too fast to have time enough to register the movement and respond.

8. You weren't wearing bright enough gear.

7. If they stick their arm out going that fast they'll rip it out of the socket.

6. They're too occupied with trying to get rid of their chicken strips.

5. They look way too cool with both hands on the bars or they don't want to unbalance themselves while standing on the tank.

4. Their skin tight-Kevlar-ballistic-nylon-kangaroo-leather suits prevent any position other than fetal.

3. Raising an arm allows bugs into the armholes of their tank tops.

2. It's too hard to do one-handed stoppies.

1. They were too busy slipping their flip-flop back on.

Top Ten Reasons Why BMW Riders Don't Wave Back

10. New Aerostich suit too stiff to raise arm.

9. Removing a hand from the bars is considered "bad form."

8. Your bike isn't weird enough looking to justify acknowledgment.

7. Too sore from an 800-mile day on a stock "comfort" seat.

6. Too busy programming the GPS, monitoring radar, listening to ipod, XM, or talking on the cell phone.

5. He's an Iron Butt rider and you're not!.

4. Wires from Gerbings is too short.

3. You're not riding the "right kind" of BMW.

2. You haven't been properly introduced.

1. Afraid it will be misinterpreted as a friendly gesture. :322:

:sign yeah that::goodpost::sign20::rotfl::big-grin-emoticon:

Not sure why this bothers people so much. it isn't harley riders, it isn't gold wing riders, or sport bike rides or people with helmets or people with out helmets. It''s every type pf person that waves and ever type that doesn't. Sometimes they don't see you, sometimes there are so many bikes they get tired of waving. Man you are on you motorcycle enjoying the ride don't let something as little as a person not waving spoil your day. Smile when they don't and enjoy the wind.

I remember my early years of riding bikes on Cape Cod. It seems like a long time ago but I knew every bike in the surrounding towns so of course I waved because I probably knew them. In high school we all knew who was getting what kind of bike the following week and also knew the older guys who were already out of school who had theirs and whose father owned what kind.

I think waving is you own right, to or not to as the saying goes "you decide"! Don' get all huffy about it.

Joshua

(1. Couldn't find the "auto wave back" button on dashboard.)

I am still trying to find this neat feature on my GoldWing..I better go to The GoldWing Tech Section! (LOL)

Its all good guys,I love the jokes.In our area its usually BMW riders and there fancy riding suits.

Uh...it's the button labeled WB (WaveBack?):whistling: ('course it could be weatherband..nah, I like waveback better...):)

I try to wave but there are times you can't such in a corner or rough pavement. I would say it is pretty even with Harley and sports riders, some wave, most don't. If I can't wave I try to nod. I really don't care if anyone waves back, I am having fun.