IGNORED

Warranty Question-Roadside assistance?

royalstarjac

I have seen references to "24 hr roadside assistance" included in the 5yr warranty on the 2nd gen Venture. Does this really exist? I haven't seen anything about it in the owners manual or other Yamaha literature.

Does anyone know a phone # to use for this service if it does exist? Anyone ever used it? Thanks.-Jack

Yes, it does exist. People who have used it have reported good and bad experiences. If you are out away from a dealer, they can be very slow to respond. You should receive a card that has the number on it. Some have reported it taking MONTHS before you get the card. My bike is long out of warranty so I don't think I have the card any longer and therefore, don't have the number either. Somebody here has it I'm sure.

My preference is to depend upon trusted friends who have a truck/trailer to come and get me should the bike become disabled.

I have a truck/trailer as well and I have no qualms about hitting the road to go help a friend who is broken down on the roadside.

Guest BluesLover

.. in Canada.

For some reason Yamaha Canada will not honour the RoadSide Assistance part of the warranty.

Go figure, eh?

Cheers,

Thanks for the replies. My situation is somewhat unusual. I bought an '07 with 0 miles from the Yamaha regional sales manager, they give him a bike every year and he never registered or rode it.

It was a brand new bike but went down as a private sale with no taxes or fees. I went to the local Yammie shop and had them put the warranty in my name, they said I'm in the system and should recieve paperwork soon...that was back in June, still no paper work.

I probably wouldn't use it if travelling locally but far from home in the dark of night it would be nice to have.-Jack

Here my experience just two months ago..(shortened version)

I called the National Toll-Free Assistance Number 1-800-983-4500

I asked them to tow my bike to the dealer because my electric fuel pump went out. (Warrenty work)

They asked:

How far is it from your house to the nearest Yamaha dealer

I said:

About 25 miles

They said:

Well the road side assistance will call a towing service for you and we will also pay for the first 5 miles. You will be responsable to pay for the remaining charge by the towing service to get your bike to the yamaha dealer.

I said:

WHAT........Your kidding.....

They said:

No..we are providing you "customer service", by calling the towing service and paying for the first five miles... the road side assistance does not pay for the entire towing bill.......

I used a neighbors trailer and hauled my bike to the shop myself..

The Patriot Guard Riders have what is known as a Red-White-Blue Book which is a listing of PGR members in every State which can be called if you need roadside assistance.

Don't know if something like this exists for Venture riders but the idea is certainly doable IMHO.

The Patriot Guard Riders have what is known as a Red-White-Blue Book which is a listing of PGR members in every State which can be called if you need roadside assistance.

Don't know if something like this exists for Venture riders but the idea is certainly doable IMHO.

Yes, we do have an extensive list of members willing to render assistance.-Jack

Guest KitCarson

I received one of those cards........it said on it something like a maximum of 40 dollars for roadside assistance.............have not had any reason to use it, but I have one for my Chevy Service Vehicle and did try to use it one day. I called for roadside assistance around 10 a.m..........I waited and , waited, and waited.......finally hitch-hiked to town and got a new radiator hose and bought 4 gallons of distilled water at a quick stop........caught a ride back and fixed it myself.......it was almost 7 p.m. when they finally called me to ask where to send the tow truck..........

I would say print out a list of the Venture Assistance folks......there is a list on this site........I know for one, if you can find me......and I will answer my phone.....I will drop everything and come help you. I think most will, and be offended if you try to give them money......a Thank You is all I need. That roadside assistance deal.......40-50 dollars.......tis a joke!!

My full coverage insurance from Progressive comes with road side assistance and towing good for 15 miles, I would probably call them first if I had an issue and wasn't close to home and my trailer. But I do see where on the Star assistance card it says there is some trip interruption reimbursement.

Guest KitCarson

Okay I was wondering where I came up with the dollar amount for roadside assistance......it is not on the card. It is on the letter that came with the card, the one that invites you to join the Touring Group..........is states on the letter.......Yamaha will provide up to $50 dollars per incident, for roadside assistance. I suppose it could be useful.........stranded way out in the middle of nowhere......would at least get help on the way. Might have to sleep beside the road one night....till they get there. Done that before!!!

One unknow fact, Yamaha also offers a trip planning service. I called the national toll free number and told them that I was not having trouble but was planning a trip to Ohio (maintenance day). Yamaha sent me a trip map with all dealers along the route. Nice service that most are not aware of.:2143: