IGNORED

a new to me "B"

naturbar

i've been looking for awhile for an MGB that was mechanically sound and affordable and i recently found one. here are a few pics of the new to me 1977 MGB, not quite the same sensation as my bike but a close second......

B @ house002.jpg

B @ house003.jpg

B @ house008.jpg

Sailor -

"Had three MG As, TR 4A and Austin Healy 3000 MKIII. Watch out for " The Prince of Darkness" - ok you made me ask...what is the prince of darkness??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sailor & Black Owl -

those healy 3000 MKIII bring a handsome sum of :mo money: these days !

Sailor -

"Had three MG As, TR 4A and Austin Healy 3000 MKIII. Watch out for " The Prince of Darkness" - ok you made me ask...what is the prince of darkness??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sailor & Black Owl -

those healy 3000 MKIII bring a handsome sum of :mo money: these days !

For the young'uns out there, the Prince of Darkness was Lucas of Lucas Electrics-standard equipment on Brit bikes, cars, etc. They were well known for LACK of reliability. The old Triumph shop back home had a sign on the wall "Why do the British drink warm beer? 'Cause they have LUCAS refrigerators!!"

Nice looking car. My neighbor has one and was going crazy looking for seats for it, we were talking one day and he was telling me of the trouble he was having finding the seats, I just smiled and said come with me.... took him into my garage and pointed up into the rafters and said... is that what you're looking for? I've had them for 20 years, they came with one of my dune buggies. A pristine set of seats for his MGB, I thought he was gonna kiss me he was so happy.

I had a 1959 TR3A back in high school, one of the most fun cars I ever owned. I still have the service manual for it.

Sweet....

There are days when I think the biggest mistake I ever made (and believe me, I've made my share) was selling my Healy 3000.

Yah! Bought a 3000 MK1 for $350 and sunk aboutn $1400 restoring it and sold it for a slight loss back in the early 70's. Hmmm, they are worth how much now?!!?

Sold the last of our MGB Stash last year and noticed a luggage rack still in the basement. If you want it,it's yours. It is the style that was on the chrome bumper cars.

The Prince of Darkness has never been an issue with me and the Healey. I bought my '65 MKIII in 1977, drove it as daily transportation for 4 years, and to this day, it has yet to fail me.

As to value, a '67 MKIII Champagne that was nicely restored by Kovacs sold at Barrett-Jackson for $108K. Even though mine is anunrestored original, it is still going to stay under the cover in the garage, except for sunny days, for a few more years.

Now they make replica Healeys with v8s in them. I sold mine with a broken axle. Didn't have the funds to fix it. The guy that bought it towed it away. When he went through town I got a call that some guy had my car and they were going to chase him down. I told them to forget it as I had sold it. When he got to the ferry terminal I got another call that some guy had my car and they were going to jump him. I said to leave him alone as I had sold it. When he was on the ferry I got a call from the captain saying this guy had my car and they were going to have the cops meet the ferry at the other side. I told him I had sold it. Sometimes living on an island is a good thing. The local cops called it " the incredible flying machine" .