IGNORED

Trailers are finally done!!!

rickardracing

Finally got the trailers done. The blue/black is mine and the black one is my brother in-law Don's. They are not 100% perfect, there are some blemishes, but all in all, they came out pretty nice considering they were painted in a garage. Now to get them to maintainance day for some pinstripe. Can't wait!!

WOW!! That looks Sweeeet! I have the Blue/Black Venture also and a Black Bushtec Roadstar that I planned to keep Black.

I think you have just convinced me to spend the money and get it painted similar to yours. Even my wife really likes it.

craigr

WOW!! That looks Sweeeet! I have the Blue/Black Venture also and a Black Bushtec Roadstar that I planned to keep Black.

I think you have just convinced me to spend the money and get it painted similar to yours. Even my wife really likes it.

craigr

Matching the blue was the hardest. I took my saddle bag lid to and automotive paint supplier and he scanned it for the formula. The paint came out purple!!! He added a little bit of this and a little bit of that and presto chango....we had the right shade of blue. The black is just a straight black base. 5 coats of clear, some wet sanding and wheeling and this is the result. There are a few spots that need resanded and wheeled out. My wife says " leave it alone it's fine".....nope, it's gotta be perfect. It was ALOT of work.

Don't know why I get myself into these things................

just took my side cover to a paint store and they are going to try to match it,BUT they say the only paint that will work is going to cost almost 300.00. it better match for that price

How much paint are you getting ?? Were you told it only comes in quarts ? Check with one of your auto body shops nearby that has their own mix station, you might save $150 or more.

:2cents:

just took my side cover to a paint store and they are going to try to match it,BUT they say the only paint that will work is going to cost almost 300.00. it better match for that price

I used a pint of Shop Line paint. It is a cheaper series of PPG paint. It cost $33. I used for two trailers the following materials.

1 qt Black base

1 pt blue

2 gallons of reducer (used for reducing the paint and cleaning the gun)

2 quarts clear

1 qt hardener for the clear

1 qt Gray primer

2 pints hardener for the primer

Mequires 2.0 compound

Mequires cleaner polisher

1 100% wool wheel

1 foam pad

I have about $300 into all of these materials.

I would suggest you check around.