IGNORED

Cager Club Sandwich.. Hold the Yamaha...Dip on the side

Snaggletooth

I've been off work this week burning last of my vacation time for the year. As it's been a dreary week, cloudy and raining most the time I've spent a lot of time in the garage working on little things on the bike. Last of all a new set of pads all the way around. I'll post a couple of pics on that story later. LOL! Got my moneys worth out of the last set for sure. But I figured it was NOT raining today so a trip out to check the bike and seat the new pads would be a good thing. Almost ended up poorly.

I rode for a few hours and stopped by my store to pickup my security keys for Monday. Stopped and BS'd for a while with some co-workers and they followed me outside when I was leaving to look at the bike. As we talked I was gearing up, armored jacket, leather gloves and the full face helmet and they were giving me static about all the gear, as usual. I just laughed it off and said "Parking lots are the most dangerous place for a biker." Not all that far off really ya know.

I had just pulled away from them and as I turned into a lane through the lot I saw two sets of brake lights light up in two cars across from each other and as quick as the lights came on the backup lights lit up also. I hit the brakes and stopped as fast as I could. (YEA!! New pads!)

Both cars shot out of their parking spots and met with a pretty good impact that crushed both rear quarters, folded the bumpers and sent pieces of taillight flying everywhere......all about 3 feet in front of where I sat. WoW! Cool!

My co-workers came running over as I put down the side stand a waited for the cars to decide what they were going to do. All I could do was laugh and say, "See, what did I just tell ya!"

Both drivers left their cars where they were and got out. A couple of Blue Hairs. You know... the ones that do 15 mph under the limit in a 25 mph zone. They had more speed backwards than they do going forward. They decided to exchange info before moving the cars out of the way. Now they are moving at the speed of mud as they do this. I'm just shaking my head and laughing.

So the Cager Club Sandwich ..... Hold the Yamaha, makes sense now right? So where does the "Dip" come in? That would the three cars that pulled into the lane behind me, RIGHT behind me a felt the need to sit there and lay on the horns. Dips would be a nice term for them. I had a couple of other names for them but nobody would want that with a sandwich.

I'm not a lil fella at 6'3" and dressed in full gear. I pulled my helmet off and walked back to each car and made my statment, "Ya'll back your a$$ up and go on your way. NOW!!"

That worked, I love that Bambi in the headlights look, I really do. Some people say I have a nice smile. My daughter says it looks like I'm showing my teeth. Well, whatever, the effect works. LOL!

So the lil old Blue Hairs both came over and asked me if I saw what happened. They both were fishing for a witness. "Yep, I did. And if either one of you contact me to be a witness I will gladly come to court and be a witness for the OTHER driver. You both screwed up!"

So that sort of set the whole thing off and I was starting to see a remake of the famous Star Wars lightsaber fight with a couple of Yoda Blue Hairs and canes. Eww! So I rolled back and made my way out of the lot. Slowly. Safely. Back to the safe harbour of my garage. Ahh, Home.

So folks, keep your eyes moving in the parking lots ok. Things happen fast in very little space. A few more feet and at best, I would have been rebuilding my front forks ....again. Ya see that Earl!!! Won't be needing anymore parts for a while! :crackup:

Ya'll ride safe,

Mike

Hey Mike,

Man, am I glad you are OK! I must have given you the Block Off Plates with the

"Idiot Magnet" attached to them! Seems like the walking "Brain Dead" have been stalking you ever since you fixed up your bike! I will try to find the remote to turn the magnet off, now where did I put that thing, oh yea, it's right next to the CASE of FORK SEALS I now keep in the shop! :doh::rotf::crackup::rotfl::confused24:

Glad you're OK brother,

Earl

Hey Mike,

Man, am I glad you are OK! I must have given you the Block Off Plates with the

"Idiot Magnet" attached to them!

Earl

Finally! Something else to blame it on! I burned the T-shirt with the bullseye on the back a long time ago.

And I thought it was just me. Whew!!! What a relief!!

Here we have "10% Tuesday " when everything is 10% off in the grocery stores. I do not ride on that day. It is when the blue rinse babes and bi-focal boys play bumper car tag in the parking lots. You can tell it is them by the white canes duct taped to their front bumpers.