IGNORED

Jonas' bike

pegscraper

I know a few members here are aware of the story of Jonas' bike. Long story short, I was commissioned to do a bunch of modification work on the '98 Royal Star he keeps in here in the States. The list includes VMX cams, 32mm carbs and VMX rear gear along with a few other smaller items. Here are a few pictures to go along with the progress.

The first is cams, VMX on the left and stock on the right. There's a good difference in size there. Cams and springs are a drop-in fit.

Second is the VMX rear gear being machined for the speedo sensor.

Third shows the new pair of bolt holes in the heads to mount the 32mm intakes which have a different bolt pattern to them. Here, the new holes are the upper right and lower left, where the holes for the stock 28mm carbs are the opposite. My '96 did not have the extra set of bosses for the bolt holes, so I used an adapter plate as shown in my 32mm carburetor swap article elsewhere on this board. I was not aware that later heads had blank bosses like these do, so in this case, instead of adapter plates, I drilled and tapped the bosses for the bolt holes. The adapter plates on my bike work fine, but this is a nicer result.

The fourth shows the 32mm carbs in place.

I am almost finished with this project. I have had to procure a few odd fiddly little parts at the last minute, stuff that you can never foresee. Once those come in, it should only be a couple more days and it should be ready to ride. I know he is anxious to see it and ride it this summer.

This is a similar picture to what pegscrapper posted but a little more direct in on the end of the cams.

Quite a difference in lift & duration.

If you put the cams in, springs should be replaced with VMax or there is an HD set that will work also.

Gary

I know a few members here are aware of the story of Jonas' bike. Long story short, I was commissioned to do a bunch of modification work on the '98 Royal Star he keeps in here in the States. The list includes VMX cams, 32mm carbs and VMX rear gear along with a few other smaller items. Here are a few pictures to go along with the progress.

The first is cams, VMX on the left and stock on the right. There's a good difference in size there. Cams and springs are a drop-in fit.

Second is the VMX rear gear being machined for the speedo sensor.

Third shows the new pair of bolt holes in the heads to mount the 32mm intakes which have a different bolt pattern to them. Here, the new holes are the upper right and lower left, where the holes for the stock 28mm carbs are the opposite. My '96 did not have the extra set of bosses for the bolt holes, so I used an adapter plate as shown in my 32mm carburetor swap article elsewhere on this board. I was not aware that later heads had blank bosses like these do, so in this case, instead of adapter plates, I drilled and tapped the bosses for the bolt holes. The adapter plates on my bike work fine, but this is a nicer result.

The fourth shows the 32mm carbs in place.

I am almost finished with this project. I have had to procure a few odd fiddly little parts at the last minute, stuff that you can never foresee. Once those come in, it should only be a couple more days and it should be ready to ride. I know he is anxious to see it and ride it this summer.

What can I say,,,,,I simply love this guy,,,All seven feet of him.

Will let you all know how the bike handles after the mods and post some pictures. Will be a while though since I won´t see this beauty (the bike, not Lynn:rotf:) until June 12th. But Pegscraper, BigTom and Cecdoo will probably have the bike broken in by then :).

What can I say,,,,,I simply love this guy,,,

I've heard you vikings were lovers .......:stirthepot:...(I notice you say that to ALL the boys.......) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :fnd_(16):

Lock up your woman BigTom. I am coming in June :whistling:

You just go ahead and continue loving :ICshocked:

I´ll focus on people:bighug:

You manly man :stickpoke:

Lock up your woman BigTom. I am coming in June :whistling:

You just go ahead and continue loving :ICshocked:

I´ll focus on people:bighug:

You manly man :stickpoke:

Greta doesn't read these comments does she.........? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: