IGNORED

B.C. Vacation

Wizard765

The Navigator and I are flying out to B.C. in June for our daughters graduation. She was attending Simon Fraser University and has completed her Grad studies. For the two weeks that we will be there she has a fairly busy schedule planned for us. One suggestion she made is that we rent, borrow or steal a Motorcycle for a day.

Is there a place in the Vancouver area that I can rent a Motorcycle for a day? If so does anyone want to play tour guide?

Wayne

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of places to rent motorcycles. Silver T could probably give advice on that and on where to ride. For a one day ride you might want to ride up to Whistler mountain then take the ski lift up and the peak to peak ride.

There are a couple of places to rent bikes that I am aware of:

http://www.cyclebc.ca/

http://www.trevdeeley.com/ (This is a Harley Dealer).

As for where to ride? If you have not been to this area before, the first MUST ride is the Sea to Sky Highway to Whistler (as already suggested). If you want a longer ride, the Duffy Lake Loop includes the Sea to Sky and a great ride through the mountains. Allow 10 hours (+ or -) for this one. It is a favourte "Destination Highways" ride.

Contact me directly if you have any more questions about riding in this area.

Oh... yes, I would be happy to play tour guide as long as iy is not the week-end of June 25-26, as I will be out of town.

Just watch out for Rocket :bluesbrother: while your there...........................He is liable to get you into all sorts of trouble :witch_brew: :witch_brew: :witch_brew: :doh:

I have ridden with SilvrT. If he's anything to go by, these Venture Riders could get a guy into a lot of trouble... and expense! All that safety chrome!!!!!

Yes, and if Chris is anything to go by, they also try to loose ya on mountain twisties you've never been on before!! :stickpoke::rotf:

:Venture: Wayne, if youhave 1/2 a day to kill and want a real "tourist" experiance. Get to the BC Ferry Terminal and take a ferry over to Vancouver Island and back. You do not have to get off the boat if you do not have time, you can do a round trip and it is like a mini cruise around the coast and the islands.... it is a great ride. Approx 4 hr round trip.

But if you do stay a day on the Vancouver Island let me know.

Kevin

Just watch out for Rocket :bluesbrother: while your there...........................He is liable to get you into all sorts of trouble :witch_brew: :witch_brew: :witch_brew: :doh:

No I won't, as I should be around Ontario, or somewhere else, back east..... :stirthepot::mo money:

I probably won't be back home, until August. :2cents:

Oh Oh, now I got to plan on going somewhere. When did you say you were going to be in Ontario?

:sign yeah that: ....... thanks for the warning, Paul. :scared:

A few of you guys, have know about this, for months...... :2cents:

Maybe, you are suffering from C.R.S. :bang head:

If you do decide on the Vancouver island ride I would suggest the ferry from Vancouver to Victoria ( Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay) then up the Island to Naniamo and back to the mainland. Stop at the top of the Malahat for a good view out over the San Juan islands and the Gulf Islands ( Including Saltspring). Would be happy to meet you at Swartz Bay and ride up to Nanaimo. Lots of interesting side roads.

Thanks everyone for your replys.

We will be going to the Island for a couple of days. Will be staying in a place called Tofino in a chalet. I believe it is near a forest I want to see.

We really want to do the sea to sky and we intend to go to whistler. I think we will be zip lining in Whistler. Also climbing the Chief (maybe hiking). Suppose to cycle around Stanley Park at some point as well.

My daughter wants to show me where Smallville is shot as well.

So renting a bike is possible and the sea to sky is what she was telling us about which sounds like a good choice.

Am I missing anything important?

Thanks everyone for your replys.

We will be going to the Island for a couple of days. Will be staying in a place called Tofino in a chalet. I believe it is near a forest I want to see.

So renting a bike is possible and the sea to sky is what she was telling us about which sounds like a good choice.

Am I missing anything important?

Coombs market http://www.oldcountrymarket.com/ shortly before Cathedral Grove

http://www.cathedralgrove.eu/text/01-Cathedral-Grove-1.htm. Be careful on the road between Port Alberni & Tofino, it is very twisty & hilly in areas. There was an Ambulance that ended up in a lake & crew killed (driver fautige).

If you get the chance take a trip on the M.V. Lady Rose.

http://www.ladyrosemarine.com/ It sails out of Port Alberni. If you are going from Nanimo to Tofino, Post Alberni is about 1/3 of the way along the route. The boat ride is well worth the day spent on her and the sites along her route are very interesting. Most interesting is the number of people who live in Homes built on large rafts. The boat leaves early in the mornig so the best way is to plan to spend the night before. in a local motel so you can be at the dock early in the morning. from there you can continue on to Tofino.

Dates....

We are arriving in Abbotsford on the 9th of June. Will be going to Tofino on the 13th and 14th. Leaving for home on the 23rd. Will be staying in an apartment on SFU campus for most of the stay.

Wayne, keep us posted on a date that you decide to rent a bike so we all can get together for a ride. There's a number of us in the area and it's a good "excuse" for an impromtu M&E.

-Rick

How about that, another Vancouver M&E with a member that is not from Vancouver.

Good stuff!

Lots of beautiful riding up there. I guess the people aren't all that bad either :stickpoke::witch_brew:

waddya mean ... "aren't" ... of course we're BAD ... Bad to da bone!!

(speaking for myself of course) :rotf: