IGNORED

Noticing Differences from goldwing forums to Venture RS forums

muaymendez1

So i have owned 4 goldwings already. From 78 to 84. All the sites I joined relative to goldwings were very informative as here on this forum.

The big difference is that I could use more specific related topics on goldwings sites. I usually log on to see what other people are talking about and to see if anyone is preforming a mod that may be interesting.

I find slim to none here on this site.

I guess this is due to the wonderfull nature of the beast we ride.

Not many breakdown , mods, or upgrade topics. Most RS riders enjoy thier bikes as is. I have noticed seat and handle bar changes which I also plan to get done, but other than that a solid soild bike that leaves most activity in the watering hole as opposed to the repair section.

there has been a lot of mods done to some bikes but there is not a mod listing as you know

but if you search through the site and dig back in the old post you will find a lot of them

one thing great about this site if there is something your looking for ask some one will help if they can

welcome to the site

Dray

Guest scarylarry

Don't overlook the gauges where the cassette player is..

That was the best mod and most talk about from the guys I ride with...

The other ones are just a bonus

Guest Swifty

I find slim to none here on this site.

I guess this is due to the wonderfull nature of the beast we ride.

...or it could be that most of us are here to talk religion, politics and guns.

:)

There are many mods that I have found here, and done.

The R1 caliper swap from Skydoc.

The grease zerk in the steering head mod.

The V7Goose windshield mount to speaker bolt reinforcement.

I forget who it was but, the acetone and ABS shavings, fairing crack repair.

Help, advice, and the loan of a clutch tool for the upgrade/repair of the "I" basket.

Again, help and advice on the purchase and install of Sonic fork springs.

Sometimes you do have to search around for the info, but it is there.

I realize that alot of the mods require some serious searching, but I am inclined to disagree. I have found that there are a lot of mods done and a lot of the related info shared. Keep in mind however that the gold wing Market seems to have a bigger source of accessories, were a lot of the mods on this site are of the shade tree version or experimental, performed by talented people with limited choices and resources.

I have to correct myself here.

I must have been on meds when I first posted this.

i have seen a few mods people have done here but they are either for the Ventures or I just dont feel the need for the item or mod.

So i guess as someone said . it is the perfect scoot.

Id like more lean angle as I am already scraping parts with what i feel is way to low of an angle.

Id like a comfortable seat for my large Toucus. And TD bars or flanders beach bars.

One of the things I noticed early on abut the RSV is that 99% of what I wanted came standard on it. Whereas on the Gokldwing you had to buy them as options.

As the Goldwing was already more expensive than the Venture I bought the Venture.

I am perfectly happy with my bike with the following Mods, "personal preferences"

Lowered front end 1 inch (have an 29" inseam)

Hornet deer whistle

saddlebag rails

drink hoolders front and rear

luggage rack

trunk wing with led lighting

reciever and wiring harness for trailer

Need yet to add a "Y" to ensure both front forks are equal in pressure, and install grease zerks for head bearings. possibly do the casette to guage mod elec. tac, temp.

None of these mods were necessary (except manybe the lowering) to be a complete touring bike.

To be fair Honda Goldwing is the only other Touring bike I'd even consider riding...

i may just have all I need then. Because all that you said you modded on your bike seem great but dont interest me.

i guess I was just being picky . I feel the bike needs to be raised a bit, WOuldnt mind the drink holder but need more bar. The bar i have is not only too short and causes discomfort but theres no place to install anything else on there.

Ez pass and gps holder , take up all the space.

Im glad you were able to get all you needed.

How important in the zerk fitting on the neck.

Any pics or links to post on the matter?

Zerks aren't necessary but it does make greasing the front end a couple minute job instead of a couple of hour job.

heres an articule written up by freebird on greasing head bearings:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=511

go into second gen tech (read only)

then do a search (middle of page right hand corner) that way you will just be searching second gen library.

I'm guessing you have a second gen.. Perhaps when you get time you can edit your profile to include the type of bike you ride. It will help others to help you.

hope this helps.