IGNORED

Bluetooth Helmet device,,,What is the best?

StarFan

Greetings !

I am in the process of buying two Nolan N-102 helmets for me and my wife to use on our trip to the USA this coming June. Saves me the extra luggage bringing our helmets from Iceland. I want to have Bluetooth in the helmets but am not sure what to get. Here in Iceland I have the Nolan Bluetooth device in my helmet and it works pretty good apart from that the speakers are lousy to say the least when you play music from the Zumo but I have loaded some music files into the device. Maybe the problem is the transfer of music data from the Zumo to the bluetooth device ??

The GPS and the phone on the other hand has very good sound quality and people I speak with on the phone can hardly believe that I am riding a motorcycle and speaking with them on the phone.

Was wondering if any of you have a bluetooth set that would fit the Nolan helmets and has a good sound quality going wireless. I want to be able to be hooked to my GPS, being able to talk to my wife (the other helmet) as well as answering the phone. Is this possible ?

Can both helmets answer the phone or can only one helmet take the signal??

Any advice on the bluetooth highly apreciated :) Would like to avoid going with wire hookup.

Friendly regards,

Jonas / StarFan

I purchased a Cardo Scala Rider G4 Powerset and installed one my Nolan 3/4 helmet and the other headset in Brenda's Hawk full face modular. The install was easy on both and the speakers are thin and easy to position at your ears. Sound quality was very good both on the phone and intercom. Pairing with our phones and other items was super easy. Now I don't know about pairing both headsets to one phone as we have separate phones. If someone else doesn't chime in, I'll try it and repost the outcome. I do know that the phone will override the intercom in the pecking order of functions, so only one of you will be able to talk on the phone at a time. We had no intercom connection issues on the road at distances of about 500 yards, but haven't tried them at the stated 1mile range. If we get separated that much, we just use the phone function. (the reason for two phones). It sounds like you will be riding 2up so that distance won't matter. The only time we lost intercom was going thru a small town in front of the county courthouse and police barracks??? Just touched the intercom button and got reconnected in about 50 yards.

I won't say that this is the best, because this thread would go on for years, just look at the best tire and best oil threads. LOL

They do seem to work as advertised for us and we are very happy with them. Again, I'll try pairing both to one phone and let you know.

I purchased a Cardo Scala Rider G4 Powerset and installed one my Nolan 3/4 helmet and the other headset in Brenda's Hawk full face modular. The install was easy on both and the speakers are thin and easy to position at your ears. Sound quality was very good both on the phone and intercom. Pairing with our phones and other items was super easy. Now I don't know about pairing both headsets to one phone as we have separate phones. If someone else doesn't chime in, I'll try it and repost the outcome. I do know that the phone will override the intercom in the pecking order of functions, so only one of you will be able to talk on the phone at a time. We had no intercom connection issues on the road at distances of about 500 yards, but haven't tried them at the stated 1mile range. If we get separated that much, we just use the phone function. (the reason for two phones). It sounds like you will be riding 2up so that distance won't matter. The only time we lost intercom was going thru a small town in front of the county courthouse and police barracks??? Just touched the intercom button and got reconnected in about 50 yards.

I won't say that this is the best, because this thread would go on for years, just look at the best tire and best oil threads. LOL

They do seem to work as advertised for us and we are very happy with them. Again, I'll try pairing both to one phone and let you know.

Thanks Ric.

Looking forward to hear from you,

Jonas

Greetings !

I am in the process of buying two Nolan N-102 helmets for me and my wife to use on our trip to the USA this coming June. Saves me the extra luggage bringing our helmets from Iceland. I want to have Bluetooth in the helmets but am not sure what to get. Here in Iceland I have the Nolan Bluetooth device in my helmet and it works pretty good apart from that the speakers are lousy to say the least when you play music from the Zumo but I have loaded some music files into the device. Maybe the problem is the transfer of music data from the Zumo to the bluetooth device ??

The GPS and the phone on the other hand has very good sound quality and people I speak with on the phone can hardly believe that I am riding a motorcycle and speaking with them on the phone.

Was wondering if any of you have a bluetooth set that would fit the Nolan helmets and has a good sound quality going wireless. I want to be able to be hooked to my GPS, being able to talk to my wife (the other helmet) as well as answering the phone. Is this possible ?

Can both helmets answer the phone or can only one helmet take the signal??

Any advice on the bluetooth highly apreciated :) Would like to avoid going with wire hookup.

Friendly regards,

Jonas / StarFan

Hey Jonas if you want to have them shipped to my house, just let me know?:080402gudl_prv: Craig

Thanks so much Craig. That would be the best thing to do instead of shipping it to the hotel in New York.

Planning the trip as days go by. Will send you a PM with an update :)

Friendly regards from Iceland, (Norway at the moment at work),

Jonas

Jonas,

The lousy music quality of the Bluetooth from Zumo to headset may be from the Zumo (assuming 550) being a mono-Bluetooth only. However, if your GPS is one of the newer Zumo 665 units, they have stereo Bluetooth.

J&M has released a stereo bluetooth headset that is getting pretty decent reviews.

RR

Jonas,

The lousy music quality of the Bluetooth from Zumo to headset may be from the Zumo (assuming 550) being a mono-Bluetooth only. However, if your GPS is one of the newer Zumo 665 units, they have stereo Bluetooth.

J&M has released a stereo bluetooth headset that is getting pretty decent reviews.

RR

Thanks Jeff.

I had a funny feeling that the bluetooth might be causing this. Im abroad now but will call my son and ask him to connect his iPod to the helmet with a cord and check the sound quality. If that is decent I will go for the N-Com if it is cheaper than the J&M. Am buying two helmets to use only every other year in the States among other things and the final price ticket is getting a little high so to speak. Gotta start thinking a little logical now since Greta (my wife) will pretty soon start asking some troublesome questions if I am not careful :whistling: She has a master in mathematics and I can´t outrun her in that field :)