:322:

Good evening.

I replaced my brake pads, flushed the brake system, flushed and filled the rear diff, and went to flush my clutch and cant find the bleeder. Can anyone point me in the general location? I have a 2005 royal star AKA "the beast"

New tires going on this week!!! Whoo whoo I cant wait for the weather to break in Michigan!!!:12101:

Its on the left side.Follow the hose till the end.Its got a rubber

cover over it.i just put speed bleeders on mine this past week

Taking the left rear fin assembly off makes it much easier, but DO NOT start the engine with the fin off.

Guest scarylarry

I put speed bleeders on my clutch, best thing since slice bread easy and one man job to bleed now...

Do remove the fin and have a few rags around cause when you remove the OEM bleeder you will lose some fluid, so it would be best to have bleeder close by and ready to install..

:322:

Good evening.

I replaced my brake pads, flushed the brake system, flushed and filled the rear diff, and went to flush my clutch and cant find the bleeder. Can anyone point me in the general location? I have a 2005 royal star AKA "the beast"

New tires going on this week!!! Whoo whoo I cant wait for the weather to break in Michigan!!!:12101:

This may sound stupid to some of you,"What do you mean when you say flush?" I have a 2007 Tour Deluxe and so far I have around 14,000 miles on her.

I have changed the oil and filter several times and the diff oil twice, did the spline clean and new grease. I changed the tires at around 6,000 miles, the rear was pretty bad ( I did run it somewhat low of air for around 200 miles) but the front was decent. The factory Bridge-stones just did not last. I replaced with the Avon Venoms front/rear. I love these tires. The bike rode like a different beast, in a very good way. I also put in the K&N air filters.

Just wondering if maybe I need to flush and or add new oil/grease to my clutch/ ? miles or what ever ? The clutch basket was replaced at around 12,000 miles for the better less noisy clutch basket. Did the mechanic have to drain and put in new clutch oil ? .

Thanks in advance. But I just do not understand what flushing means, unless you mean draining. Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I have heard this before and did not ask. I also do not mean to rob your thread, but sounds like your question was answered.

James

Flushing it means basically replacing the oil clutch fluid with new. The way most do it is like you are bleeding the clutch lines. You just open the bleeder and squeeze the clutch lever and force the old out. You don't let the reservoir get too low because you don't want to get air into the system. Just pump out the old and keep adding new to the reservoir until you see fresh new fluid coming out of the bleeder.

Flushing it means basically replacing the oil clutch fluid with new. The way most do it is like you are bleeding the clutch lines. You just open the bleeder and squeeze the clutch lever and force the old out. You don't let the reservoir get too low because you don't want to get air into the system. Just pump out the old and keep adding new to the reservoir until you see fresh new fluid coming out of the bleeder.

Well shoooot, thanks Freebird. That makes perfect since. Now you know why I must always have this site to work on my bike. I will check the manual for when to change clutch fluid. So did the mechanic have to drain the clutch when he did the clutch basket ?

James

Guest Zak202

A good rule of thumb I use to tell if the fluid neeeds to be replaced is color. If the fluid looks yellow or brown, it is time to change, it should be almost clear/colorless.

No, he would not have had to. I don't remember what the manual says and don't have it in front of me. I'm thinking two years. A lot of folks consider it regular spring maintenance though. (not me, I don't do mine that often). :)

Almost every car and bike manual on the planet recommends 2 yearly intervals .... you kinda grow up somehow just "knowing" that.

I still think that it's so quick and easy that doing it every year makes sense. Brakes and clutch.

It's not like bleeding, when you learn new swear words trying to get all the air out :)